Aftermarket tie rod ends - who is best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are the benefits to use tie rod like SVC, RPG, ect like that :
tie rod.jpg
compare to classic one (pic non raptor):
rotule.jpg
My question is general and concern the articulation , I notice more and more aftermarket tie rod are designed like the svc , but is it really stonger than classic one ?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
View attachment 407936
View attachment 407937
My question is general and concern the articulation , I notice more and more aftermarket tie rod are designed like the svc , but is it really stonger than classic one ?

Sometimes it's about size (giggity). When going with a brake kit, the OE ones are too big making the smaller head of the aftermarket one better. When you go mid travel you need longer ones, and need to go aftermarket. So it is not always about replacing a part just to replace a part.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 407936
View attachment 407937

The classic rod ends are limited on their articulation due to the design. Also, in my case, I need the smaller overall size of the aftermarket ones to clear the Alcon brakes.