Advice on How to Proceed QUE THE BUYBACK!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For #3 it doesn’t matter if it’s auto or manual, or if AC is on or off. It also works the other way too. When it’s 60-80 outside I run it at 70. When it’s 30 you have to turn it down to 60, and when it’s 100 outside I’ll freeze if it’s any lower than 75-76. I’m constantly changing the temp trying to get comfortable and it defeats the purpose of auto dual climate. I’m honestly pretty sure it’s a defective interior temperature sender but the dealer won’t troubleshoot anything for me.
I have somewhat the same issue. I only have the extremes for AC and heat, anything in the middle seems like it does nothing.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure your a good guy and have some valid concerns but just being honest, your pretty much hitting every stereotype of a Californian that wants to hire a lawyer the minute things aren't going his way and only trying one solution, i.e. dealer. (Sorry, midwest perspective here.) LOL

The vibration thing certainly may be concerning but the dealer acknowledged it and it's documented so that is in your favor. The truck has a bunch more warranty on it, just drive the thing and see what happens. It will eventually either break something or you can put the effort of going to another dealer and letting them look at it.

The passenger door thing should be easily fixed by a reputable body shop. Talk to the body shop manager and tell him your concerns. Paint repair, if any will likely not even be in an area that will not be visible enough to offend your pursuit of perfection.

HVAC. This may be a weird one but honestly, how many times are you going to be in 20 degree temps in socal? It's documented and under warranty, just drive it for a while.

Brake pedal clicking is totally normal. Also does it on my 2023 Raptor 37, my 2022 Explorer ST and my wife's 22 Bronco. Turn up the radio.

Fob detection issues a few times. Change the $2 battery and it will likely fix it. Or keep the fob in your pocket where it belongs so when you approach the vehicle it wakes up and senses that your approaching the vehicle as per design.

The B pillar is fixed so now a non issue.

At the end of the day, a reasonable person would ascertain that you have two potential relevant concerns. The vibration and the passenger door. Looking at this in a completely analytical mindset, considering pursuing a buyback at this early stage of reasonable problem solution efforts is completely over reactive and should you pursue this you will likely find deficiencies in the next vehicle you purchase as well. Put some more effort into it and try another dealer unless you just don't want it and are looking for a way out.

You said you had thick skin so I hope you can take this in the spirit it was intended of providing honest feedback.
I do have thick skin and appreciate your feedback genuinely. I know Californians get a bad reputation, and honestly I know why and dislike most of them. I’m not sure you read the beginning of my post, but the thread title was meant to be a sarcastic jab at all the over reactive Karen’s that have joined this forum since the Gen 3 came out. As I said, I am an attorney, and the last thing I want to do is start a buyback or lemon case, hire an attorney, or fight at all. I litigate cases and fight all day at work, it sucks and I hate it, but that’s my job. In my personal life I’m the opposite and never seek to initiate those types of interactions.

I really just want my truck to be in good working order as it should be for the price it cost. I’m also not coming from a P car or something like that, and am well aware that I’m driving an upgraded trim of a mass produced Ford truck that they crank out around 1 million units per year of.

I’m not seeking perfection, but I figured I’d tell the dealer of every issue that was bugging me since they had it anyway. As you surmised, #1-2 are really my concerns and my focus.

It sounds like the brake clicking is normal, and I’ll swap the fob battery and see if that ever comes back.

What’s bugging me most is that in my opinion any driveline issues that cause vibrations aren’t new, this is technology that’s been on the f150 for decades and I’m extremely disappointed with the dealers failure to even attempt to troubleshoot and fix the issue.

The door creaking also bothers me but I’m just really reluctant to have the interior ripped apart, and I also don’t want to give my truck back to a dealer for 3+ more weeks while they deal with these issues.

I was really just looking to hear if people had any of these issues, and how they went about dealing with dealers who just throw their hands up and give up—honestly I was shocked when after 3 weeks they just gave me my truck back with only 1/6 things fixed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have somewhat the same issue. I only have the extremes for AC and heat, anything in the middle seems like it does nothing.
Do you usually use manual hvac or auto mode? Do you just use HI and LO and just vary the fan speed?

Pnwrider

Reaction score
As someone that has had to go through the lemon law/buy back process. I would drop the truck off at the dealer and tell them you won’t be picking it up until they have addressed the issues, including a fix. It looks like in CA once the truck has been at the dealer for 30 days or more, your truck will qualify for lemon law. If you don’t want to handle it, I’m sure there are plenty of lemon law attorneys that will take on your case. Ford ends up paying the attorney fees, not you. If it gets to that point, they will likely buy it back and based on the current truck market, you may get a better deal on a ‘24…

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I wonder...

If @FordTechOne had to choose which is worse:

A Toyota truck
or
A lemon law lawyer

He will probably have to go through an editor before posting on FRF to avoid all the **** *** ****** ****** *** ******** **** ******* ***** ***** but would definitely be an interesting read for other FRF.
What’s bugging me most is that in my opinion any driveline issues that cause vibrations aren’t new, this is technology that’s been on the f150 for decades and I’m extremely disappointed with the dealers failure to even attempt to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
Ok, so get it fixed. Alternatively, if the current stealership isn’t meeting your satisfaction, ask Ford CS to make a recommendation.

The door creaking also bothers me but I’m just really reluctant to have the interior ripped apart, and I also don’t want to give my truck back to a dealer for 3+ more weeks while they deal with these issues.
Really, I think this is unwarranted, unless you’re dealing with a chop shop.

Ask Ford CS to get you a loaner while they sort this stuff all out. It’s not an unreasonable ask if it’s going to be down a long time.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder...

If @FordTechOne had to choose which is worse:

A Toyota truck
or
A lemon law lawyer

He will probably have to go through an editor before posting on FRF to avoid all the **** *** ****** ****** *** ******** **** ******* ***** ***** but would definitely be an interesting read for other FRF.

Ok, so get it fixed. Alternatively, if the current stealership isn’t meeting your satisfaction, ask Ford CS to make a recommendation.

Really, I think this is unwarranted, unless you’re dealing with a chop shop.

Ask Ford CS to get you a loaner while they sort this stuff all out. It’s not an unreasonable ask if it’s going to be down a long time.
What about a lemon law lawyer who drives a Toyota Land Cruiser?

Funny story, years ago at the beginning of my career I went to a job interview for what I understood to be a business litigation gig, but quickly into the interview realized was for a firm that made all their success as plaintiff side lemon law lawyers suing Ford over fueling issues on the early 2000s Super Duties with the powerstrokes. I’ve been a Ford fan for a pretty long time so needless to say the interview ended early and I got out of there. Not trying to build my career as a bottom feeder.

I get what you’re saying and I appreciate the insight. I’ve had some terrible experiences in the past and so am reluctant.

I think I’ll reach out to Ford and hopefully they can expedite the process and guarantee I’ll get a loaner. For some reason every dealer I try either has no loaners or is always all out of them.

Last edited:

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was Fullerton Ford, a bit of a trek but I had a great experience last time. I’m in Costa Mesa, where do you usually go?
I'm also in CM. I think I've seen you before, as there are a few floating around. I was at Theodore Robins Ford on Harbor, but only by default since It's so close to the house. Personally, if I was having problems with them, I would be going over to HB.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm also in CM. I think I've seen you before, as there are a few floating around. I was at Theodore Robins Ford on Harbor, but only by default since It's so close to the house. Personally, if I was having problems with them, I would be going over to HB.
What color is your truck? Mine is AMB with amber BD lights.

TR is closest for me too, but my friend had a pretty bad experience there. Maybe I’ll try HB. Have you heard any feedback from anyone that’s gone to HB for service or warranty work?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ID_AZ