500+ HP on gen 3??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they don’t increase the horsepower they are LOOSERS jeeps coming out with 475 hp on their Rubicon’s!

KevinW

Reaction score
I read a post from an engineer on the Raptor who said more TQ will be available at a lower RPM but max HP and TQ would remain unchanged from the Gen 2. This was four weeks ago so who knows if that's changed. My guess is, if you see a bump in power it will be minimal.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it is necessary. They are making it faster offroad with the suspension mods and adding 37's, should be enough for a new buyer on the market, won't be for someone looking to upgrade, maybe to the R though.

greenraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of peak numbers, power/tq under the curve will be improved. However, if it does get a bump in power/tq, I'd guess 460-480 hp and 530-550 tq.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone considered they may just bump compression slightly & map the tune for 91+ octane only in order to market it @ a higher power rating?

it’s proven just on stock tune a gen 2 Raptor will p/u another 25-30whp on the dyno from 93 octane only-

so they could take the easy way out and do that, it wouldn’t be completely egregious either....while it seems all 1/2 tons even @ the top engine trim are able to run on 87 octane, the Raptor is definitely not your standard 1/2 ton truck it’s certainly more of a niche product where the requirement to run 91+ octane wouldn’t really turn most buyers off - I run 93 regardless anyhow

the TRX requires premium gas fwiw

that “trick” alone would be good for another 25-30 hp/tq

a slightly revised intake may help somewhat

the real kicker would be if they were going to add larger turbos....possibly even the same/similar to what the GT has.....& that would make things very interesting indeed for the guys who can’t help but mod their trucks

I’m already partial to the EB in the Raptor & not really interested in paying a huge premium for a blown V8 insanity truck, but I REALLY wouldn’t be interested even slightly if I knew the 3.5 EB was coming back equipped w/ bigger turbos....a tune alone would probably put it right in the running w/ whatever the R puts out.

And that really could be fords plan- the base gen3 will already destroy the TRX & the R version will then fully warrant the sky high sticker + ADM thrown at it

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone considered they may just bump compression slightly & map the tune for 91+ octane only in order to market it @ a higher power rating?

Seems likely, maybe without the tune. Nissan Titan did that last year, a very modest horsepower bump and a spec sheet change to say premium. So basically nothing really changed except the gas spec.