2024 build date???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just updated today. It still says in production, but now there is a date of 1/3/2024 under it. Still no window sticker released

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been searching through many threads but am still confused on the process(s) for ordering / allocation / COVP / Scheduling / VIN, etc. I’ve placed an order for a MY24 37PP 802A. I’ve confirmed / signed the order and the dealer has given me the approved COVP. All of this has been via the dealer… no ford email's to me directly. Other than waiting, what is next? I assume I’m waiting for Ford to issue a VIN and schedule it? For those who did the COVP (not sure why some do and some don’t)… how long before you got a VIN or heard anything? And because it seems less clear for those wanting a 37PP… I’m most curious how or if those are progressing at this point.

Jpro39

Reaction score
Hi guys. I ordered my 2024 Raptor with 37 package on the day it opened. I haven’t gotten anything from Ford or my dealer on the proposed build date. A couple weeks ago I was told by my salesman that Ford will start building them in early January, but that’s all the info I got so far.

For those of you who placed orders are you getting anything from Ford or any official build dates, etc?

Thanks!
As I’m reaching out to dealers asking if they can order one for me, one responded that they just out an order in for the build I want but that’s all the details. I imagine the dealer puts the order in and when the builds start it will be based on when orders were submitted.

Jpro39

Reaction score
While not an F150, My Bronco Raptor went into production May 3 and I received it October 9.
It’s crazy how dysfunctional ford is with production and delivery. Follow the Tesla model where you can order online and pay for it then wait for it to arrive at the house. Not saying all Fords have to be this way but when we are talking the upper tiered models like the GT500 or Raptor it’s a travesty we have to deal with this nonsense.

PlainsRaptor

Reaction score
I’ve been searching through many threads but am still confused on the process(s) for ordering / allocation / COVP / Scheduling / VIN, etc. I’ve placed an order for a MY24 37PP 802A. I’ve confirmed / signed the order and the dealer has given me the approved COVP. All of this has been via the dealer… no ford email's to me directly. Other than waiting, what is next? I assume I’m waiting for Ford to issue a VIN and schedule it? For those who did the COVP (not sure why some do and some don’t)… how long before you got a VIN or heard anything? And because it seems less clear for those wanting a 37PP… I’m most curious how or if those are progressing at this point.
What’s your priority code?

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy how dysfunctional ford is with production and delivery. Follow the Tesla model where you can order online and pay for it then wait for it to arrive at the house. Not saying all Fords have to be this way but when we are talking the upper tiered models like the GT500 or Raptor it’s a travesty we have to deal with this nonsense.

Tesla lobbied many states to pass legislation specifically for them to allow manufacturer direct to consumer sales. Rivian is building a factory in Georgia, yet still can't sell their vehicles here since the carve out was for Tesla only (but there are ways around it. IIRC, they 'sell' it in Illinois but deliver to GA). Also, most manufacturers have agreements with their dealerships that forbid them to sell direct to consumers.

Ford at least allows your to order exactly what you want. Toyota is a take it or leave it model for their trucks. Toyota builds whatever they feel like building and then they ship it to each region. If you want something specific, you try and snipe a truck in transit that is close to what you want. But be quick, as other dealers might grab it first. I thought long and hard about a Tundra TRD Pro and between $5-10k ADMs and have to settle for whatever was ordered, I said no thanks.