2023 Northern CA suspension install shop recommendation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigTony

Reaction score
I've got a gen 2 raptor and figure it's time to upgrade shocks; I have some factory 3.0s and am looking for an install shop. I also need my rear-end aligned (deaver leafs). I might mess with the intercooler as well (have an aftermarket one, but might switch it)

I live around San Francisco, but I'm willing to travel to a good shop who won't damage things and will offer a fair price. I can always combine Sacramento shops into a Tahoe trip, and So Cal shops into a desert trip if necessary. Ideally it's not the first time they've worked on a raptor - seems to always go better when the techs are familiar with the platform.

I've used Forged Offroad in the past, had good experiences and would go again in a heartbeat, but looks like they've closed down :(
SWAT customs in Milpitas did some work on a 4runner for me and it came out fine but a little pricey IMO

Has anyone had work done at:

Does anyone have other recommendations or any site sponsors ideally? I searched but couldn't find a lot that was recent..

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I am not one to ever recommend Future Automotive Group for anything, but they do have a subdivision called Future Performance in Sacramento that I have dealt with. I had leveling pucks installed by a previous owner removed and replaced with RPG collars. They also replaced one of the Live Valve sensors under warranty while it was in there. They did a good job and the price was fair. I'd recommend them.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL yeah those guys are the ones to add $40k markup on trucks for lift kits and big tires, but I get it :)
We got our 2023 Explorer ST from there and they wanted $5k added markup due to 'volume sales' - WTF

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
LOL yeah those guys are the ones to add $40k markup on trucks for lift kits and big tires, but I get it :)
We got our 2023 Explorer ST from there and they wanted $5k added markup due to 'volume sales' - WTF
Yeah, they are scumbags. The performance shop has a different vibe though. Worth checking out.

brink

Reaction score
Not sure if you're willing to go as far as Reno on a Tahoe trip but I am getting some work done at Silver State Offroad at the end of the month (https://silverstateoff-road.com/) they were recommended to me by some locals here in Tahoe and in the facebook groups as well. Can't really recommend them personally since this will be my first time using them but I have high hopes and they seem very knowledgeable.