2017 Raptor at Auto Shows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cj428

Reaction score
I think they did a nice job on the rear. the exhaust is up away from the tire, the bumper is tucked in nice and tight, and the rear bed sides angle up in to the bumper perfectly. I also like the way the tailgate looks ,more modern l guess.

Attachments

• 07f7293a41334656e8f58fc84e6202cb.jpg
    07f7293a41334656e8f58fc84e6202cb.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 20150409_122616.jpg
    20150409_122616.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 118

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought it looked nice in person, I sure was attracting a crowd for sure.

I haven't seen it in person, only pictures. But I'm sure your right, and it does look better in person. I really hate the look of that huge piece of plastic on the end gate though, to me it's cheap looking and cheap for Ford no doubt to make.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good news is that I'm first in line with my "just over invoice" dealer and I already own a 2013 SCAB. easy to drop out of line if the new one is ugly.

BTW, I'm an amatuer photographer and a lot of the shots look like they were taken up close with a wide angle lens. That distorts the image a lot.

Here is a great video.
How Your Lens Choice Affects Your Subject's Appearance

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's just really hard to improve upon perfection. Still like it though. We'll see how it looks in person and what the early owners think.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotta say I think its a step backwards aesthetically. Hopefully its drives the gen 1 prices down enough when it's released that I can afford a nice '13 or '14 with low miles and maybe forced induction.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
gotta say I think its a step backwards aesthetically. Hopefully its drives the gen 1 prices down enough when it's released that I can afford a nice '13 or '14 with low miles and maybe forced induction.

That's what I'm saying. If I like it, I'll get one. If not, I'll be able to get a first gen for much cheaper than I could now.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why you don't want the 17, always wait a year or two. Original Raptor had only the 5.4 at first. If there is a big demand for a V8, Ford could always make the 5.0 an option on the 18.

I agree! If nothing else, wait and see if there are problems with the ecoboost and hopefully they realize people want a f-ing V8 in a truck like this and give the people what they want.

Part of me is kinda happy that I am not drawn towards the looks or the motor in this new truck. Was driving along side the Mrs as she drove the Rap and seeing it driving was awesome! The new perspective seeing it driving rekindled that spark and reminded me how bad ass our current trucks are! These new trucks have a lot to live up to! I for one am thinking I'll have my current truck for a long long time!!!