2013 has reinforced frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree.

Obviously if its bending, people are driving it to hard for how it's made.

How can to deny that? There are plenty of raptors with zero frame damage that go Offroad quite often I imagine.

If I bend my rangers frame, I'm driving it to hard. If someone bends a raptors frame, they're driving it to hard.

So your extensive experience in the field tells you this? Sorry but you need to get out and see these trucks in action THEN your statement might have some validity. Good God—am going back to the old discussions which will not solve anything (except to prove my point) so NO MORE about the old threads on this thread. Bird is already upset so---just go back and review the old threads on this subject.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Moderate is very easy to surpass with one unintended "hit" and that's all it seems to have taken for some to tweak the frame.

I won't bother battling semantics with you, we can't define moderate on driving style alone. One would argue that "moderate" off roading on a properly pre-run course
is a good way to avoid any unexpected hits and thus frame issues...and I'll leave it at that.

Sorry bird but if I remember you were one of the one who busted me pretty good about the "frame" not having an issue. Now go back to your seeds and wait for the "short bus"! Leave the serious discussions about off road vehicles to those of us who have had more than one lol--and get them off of the pavement not to try and tear them up but because we have to.

Yes the 12 and below models do have frame issues--remains to be seen if the 13 fix took care of it.

Typical Boss Hoss, going on the offensive when presented with an ounce of reason and accountability that you can't answer directly to. It's OK, I forgive you. I wouldn't like me either if I were you.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Banned
Reaction score
My common sense tells me that.

If you break something lots of others aren't breaking, your not treating it right.

It goes for anything from a toy car to a real car. I don't care if you've even driving Offroad for a million years.

If something breaks on your truck and others aren't breaking it, you are driving to hard.

Now, if every single raptor out there had a bent frame, sure it's a weak point. But that's not the case at all.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So your extensive experience in the field tells you this? Sorry but you need to get out and see these trucks in action THEN your statement might have some validity.
If not his, then mine. I have extensive experience, and I have seen these trucks in action. His statement has merit.

You're stating option as fact, Hoss. You'd do well to remember that your opinion is no more important here than anyone else's.

Last edited:

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And now for a 2012 or earlier, anyone?

Here's pics of a 13 with a stage 3 installed.

Inside the framerail looking at "The Black Hole".
IMG_0851.JPG

Looking up at the frame rail.
IMG_0853.JPG

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pics look the same for 12 & 13. Can you 2 provide actual measurements of the thickest frame at the oval? I'm assuming the 13s are 1/2" thick & 1/4" for the 12s (11s & 10s).

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just ran out and took these; I tried to get the angles and sizes the same for a better comparison. This is of my 2010 SCab. Looks identical to my eye.

P1020355.jpg

P1020352.jpg

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
unless my eyes are playing tricks on me i see the thickness of the frame wall at the large oval opening does appear thicker on the 2013.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think so Bird. The radius of the bends and the widths of the welds look spot on. That wouldn't be true if the materials were different thicknesses. I think the different aspect ratios, lighting and dirt is ******** with things.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I don't think so Bird. The radius of the bends and the widths of the welds look spot on. That wouldn't be true if the materials were different thicknesses. I think the different aspect ratios, lighting and dirt is ******** with things.

could be, it is tough to tell from pictures. any way we could get some wall thickness measurements? who has a ruler handy or better yet a micrometer :yaoface2: