2013 has reinforced frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mistletoe hanging from my pants zipper, just saying...

Happy Holidays to you too, Nasty!
I personally wouldnt want his mouth near there unless I was able to personally remove all his teeth to be sure!!! he he he

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

I can also say that being in the business and knowing many people involved in the MCR group(material cost reduction) to add that section to the frame is a really strange one for me since they are always looking for ways to reduce weight and content not add to it. I know dam well they bent the frame while testing but they figured no one would push their personal trucks like they do... HA ha ha they were wrong on that one huh... I bet that if 200( need that many for a class action suit) people got together and started a class action suit they would have to answer the question of why they added more to that section of the frame... and we would then and only then know the real answer

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok was at the dealer today getting my truck aligned and looked at all the F150's there... Here is a picture of a 2013 F150... So its sure looks like they only have reinforced the Raptor frames... None of the 11 2013 they had on the lot have the extra piece in the frame...
******* Ford's!!! Dirty ******.... They knew this shit...
Shocksdone006_zpsbc0c555d.jpg
Shocksdone005_zpsc88c80e7.jpg
Shocksdone003_zps7da0c39c.jpg

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And what the hell happened to the F150 grill? That chrome piece is extending too far up the hood. Something is not quite right about that look. Woof! 53K?

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If there is a "Diminished Value" class action let me know.. From day one when I saw the truck in the ads that Ford pulled (bent frame) and everyone told me I was "nuts" some worse than that I knew Ford was hiding on this one.

Been in manufacturing too long but in my industry this kind of thing gets people killed and there are very ugly federal laws where you go to the grey bar hotel. If anyone thinks Ford is going to do anything for the 12 and back owners you have been smoking some real good stuff and I want some!!!!!!!

Going to see how the new Chevy works out this year may go back to that for a year or two and if Ford builds another SVT vehicle on the new platform may look at one of those when the time comes. GM, Ford, MB-----all of them are ******.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any scumbag lawyer who brings a class action suit based on this, call me. You'll get to hear exactly why I think you're a scumbag, and how the only way I'll be participating in your douchebaggery is to help the other side any way I can.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any scumbag lawyer who brings a class action suit based on this, call me. You'll get to hear exactly why I think you're a scumbag, and how the only way I'll be participating in your douchebaggery is to help the other side any way I can.

It is all about money. Maybe you don't mind but many people hate to be screwed... Exactly what Ford did. There is no other conclusion that you can come to. Eventually it will come to this and there is no reason to get upset over it----Ford is the guilty party here.

Personally I would love to get a piece of Fords hide for this but the odds of me having this specific truck when that happens is slim and none. Don't really know what you could do to help Ford in this process if it does in fact come to litigation. When everything comes out which it will in court about what Ford knew and when they knew it you just might change your mind.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Jamal himself had met me in the parking lot when I picked up my truck, and before handing me the keys said "ya know, if you treat this thing like a trophy truck you're going to bend or break stuff" I still would feel exactly as I feel right now.

CALs only serve lawyers. I will not take part in feeding that machine.

Ridiculous, Hoss. Just straight ridiculous.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Jamal himself had met me in the parking lot when I picked up my truck, and before handing me the keys said "ya know, if you treat this thing like a trophy truck you're going to bend or break stuff" I still would feel exactly as I feel right now.

CALs only serve lawyers. I will not take part in feeding that machine.

Ridiculous, Hoss. Just straight ridiculous.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion however-----you know this will happen eventually. Everyone hates Counsel until such time as they are needed. This is a bigger issue---Ford knew there was a problem in 2010 or before---they chose to go ahead because to pull a much anticipated vehicle launch because of a frame problem was judged to be unpalatable for obvious reasons. Now it will be time to look at the other side of the business decision Ford made.

Every nickel it costs them will maybe just maybe help them to understand that some people will not sit still while they are being fornicated. I have had the opportunity to participate in several litigations over the years have one now with an oil producer on our place (pollution)---don’t like them but in this case Ford needs to understand disclosure would have been better than a cover-up.

Look at it anyway you choose but when the ads were pulled by Ford showing the truck with a bent frame in their own advertising then that is more than a little telling. Yes if the Ford folks are reading this then know there are some people who stand on principal—to be honest the monies received from this even with punitive damages are less than I spend on some rifle or shotgun builds. It is not about the money for me—not at all.