2012 raptor - a big disappointment. Not for desert trail.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well said Greg

OP u have to remember its a production vehicle not a one off race truck its not perfect. Like already said we didn't pay that e travel 20k but lots of members here have spent extra money probably less than 20k and made the truck practically bullet proof.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP

To get a better response, your orginal post should have gone something like this:

This is whats happening with the Raptor............................................... Someone up here must have more experience with a Raptor then me. Whats going wrong with the truck ? Is it something I did not do or need to do. Please help.

You would have been flooded with trouble shooting questions, helpful Raptor owners and great answers.

OP
OP
A

Al Bastaki

Reaction score
this entire discussion is pointless, i am talking to a bunch of fanboys.

it seems as though everyone is satisfied with their trucks drooping and hopping straight off from the factory. well good for you. i wont bother arguing anymore. you can curse, bash... do and say whatever you want.

the front perch issue, some dealers will void warranties, many others wont. the official response is.. it might. my dealer is one of those that would void the warranty regardless. since we've got fanboys here, who wont push ford to fix the issue, they go off sending cars accross states/dealers to find perch adjusting friendly dealers. a work around, sooner or later ford might just come up and say... ah well no more perch mods... and im pretty darn sure all the fan boys will sympathize with that and say, oh any mods done to the car should void the cars warranty. but will not push ford and their aggressive branding and marketing of the raptor as a vehicle that shouldn't be drooping and hopping around with easily bumped skid plates.

fine.

to everyone their own.

:) ... have fun paying folks.

Banned
Reaction score
My god you're an idiot. I've said it several times. It's not fords fault the front end is low and droopy.

They have to follow the regulations set forth by the DOT. So stop bitching about how a factory vehicle has to follow rules.

And no shit you're talking to fanboys. It's a damn raptor forum. For, you know, raptor owners and fans.....

We've told you how you can fix your "problems" but you don't want to. So **** and sell the damn thing and go but a Nissan gaytroll.

OP
OP
A

Al Bastaki

Reaction score
OP

To get a better response, your orginal post should have gone something like this:

This is whats happening with the Raptor............................................... Someone up here must have more experience with a Raptor then me. Whats going wrong with the truck ? Is it something I did not do or need to do. Please help.

You would have been flooded with trouble shooting questions, helpful Raptor owners and great answers.

they'd all come up with solutions involving; change trail to something around going in a straight line with few well smoothed curved obstacles, no crests. swap the factory leafs to national leafs. mod my front shocks and void my warranty. completely change the factory skid plates as they cant take the beating.

prolly everything adds up to... 5-10k minimum for a truck that should've run like it should as advertised by ford.

Banned
Reaction score
It does run as advertised by ford.
As long as you drive it as you're sposed to.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford Raptor is shit truck, I took to MOAB and it broke. Why this break when 10 other cars there? Even Mazda there and made it fine. Front drops from silliest thing. Over heats all time.

OP
OP
A

Al Bastaki

Reaction score
My god you're an idiot. I've said it several times. It's not fords fault the front end is low and droopy.

They have to follow the regulations set forth by the DOT. So stop bitching about how a factory vehicle has to follow rules.

And no shit you're talking to fanboys. It's a damn raptor forum. For, you know, raptor owners and fans.....

We've told you how you can fix your "problems" but you don't want to. So **** and sell the damn thing and go but a Nissan gaytroll.

thats what... the blue.. head bubbling.. (insert last word from above quote) said.

do you even own a raptor? :laughing1:

:lol2::lol2:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If ur so unhappy with it just get rid of it and go back to what ever the hell else u drive. This way we don't have to read ur dumb posts anymore

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.