2011 supercab or supercrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I think that some Raptor owners are unrealistic. They think their truck is the "end all and be all" of offroad vehicles. It might currently be the best offroad pickup offered in STOCK configuration, but the Raptor was built for a daily driver. One could build a far more capable offroad vehicle for less money than the asking price of a Raptor. If no compromise offroad performance is what the raptor was "all about", id say the guys at SVT fell short.

For me, I love offroading, but I need my daily driver to perform tasks at work that require a box and some towing capacity. The Raptor is geared for people who want a healthy compromise. To pretend the Raptor is a thoroughbred is ludicrous.

I can't argue with that. As far as the compromise you speak of, this truck walks that line very very nicely.

I like the exterior looks of the SCab better, but obviously the SCrew has some interior advantages. I can see how it's a tough call for some of you guys.

Either way you get about a foot of wheel travel, triple bypass shocks, and an electronic locking rear diff all under factory warranty... so you can't really lose.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The breakover angle on the scab is better than the screw, though for what it is it probably wont matter too much. It will make a difference though. The screw adds weight, and it wont be as nimble due to its length. The Raptor was never meant to be a supercrew truck.
Also, the looks. Subjective, I agree, but...
displayfile.aspx

Aston-Martin-Rapide-2010-1.jpg

Both are awesome, both look great, but which one would you take?

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I think you guys are splitting hairs, the SC is what 10" longer? its the same truck just longer, still has all the good stuff. I need a real backseat for the family, and towing capacity.

OP
OP
J

jsmathi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, under the Photoshop thread I found some pics of a black supercrew raptor and I have to say I like it, a lot better than the silver raptor that is all over the Internet. I think a supercrew would be more practical and I will never be able to use this truck to its full potential so the extra 10” isn’t going to be a major factor to me. Like someone said this truck is meant to be a daily driver that has off-road capabilities. I think that the supercrew takes away from the Baja look but even with the crewcab it is still an awesome looking truck.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I agree that the Supercrew will be less nimble but I actually prefer the looks and it will be the far more practical truck. I've got 2 kids in car seats and a 20' car trailer. The extra room and bonus 2k pounds of towing capacity was a huge selling point. The Supercrew is what made the truck (for me).

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
I agree. I think that some Raptor owners are unrealistic. They think their truck is the "end all and be all" of offroad vehicles. It might currently be the best offroad pickup offered in STOCK configuration, but the Raptor was built for a daily driver. One could build a far more capable offroad vehicle for less money than the asking price of a Raptor. If no compromise offroad performance is what the raptor was "all about", id say the guys at SVT fell short.

For me, I love offroading, but I need my daily driver to perform tasks at work that require a box and some towing capacity. The Raptor is geared for people who want a healthy compromise. To pretend the Raptor is a thoroughbred is ludicrous.

Very well said. I see the Raptor is a thoroughbred in its own right though, as there is no other truck that comes close to the blend of practicality, style, performance, and amenities.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SuperCab rear seat legroom dimensions are within about 1" of my FJ (what I'm getting rid of). Kids are only getting older and taller. SuperCrew for me.

I love that they revisited all the engineering to make the Crew perform in a similar manner to the Cab.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Why is the Raptor supposed to be a short wheel base truck? Because it came out 1st
I don't see how the wheel base could hindered the Supercrew, I have been around the prerunners and race trucks for a long time and can't think of 1 fact on how this could be true with this truck. Now a full blown prerunner or race truck yes, but not the Raptor stock from the factory.

As far as taking away from the look of it, thats your opinion and I think your wrong as I can't stand the look of an extra cab full size, but I won't hold that against your or anyone else as that's just my opinion :)

:hmm: The dynamics of a longer truck come in to play depending on how the owner uses it. For trailering - longer is more comfortable on long hauls. For high speed desert wheeling, the longer wheelbase may provide additional stability (but will also land differently from jumps compared to a shorter wheelbase).
For me, I like the articulate trails, hills, and forest runs as well as the occasional mud tour. Shorter works better there for me. Hell - if they shortened the box to 3' I'd be able to go even more places :)

But as you stated, everyone has their own opinion based on preference and other needs.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, I like the articulate trails, hills, and forest runs as well as the occasional mud tour. Shorter works better there for me. Hell - if they shortened the box to 3' I'd be able to go even more places :)

JP7...your lucky day!! :)

Attachments

• 2011MiniBedCrew.jpg
    2011MiniBedCrew.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited: