15,000 Mile Service - Anyone Have It Done Yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have looked the Raptor over and have not found any serviceable items as listed above.

I wish these items WERE serviceable. They last longer, can recover from a dunking and give you another reason to look everything over at each oil change. I know lower ball joint replacement is only a matter of time after they start seeing water crossings...... At least Moog makes high quality SERVICEABLE replacements.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the new microphone installed today and I had the 15,000 mile service done (at 14,000 miles) with synthetic oil which I've been using since the first oil & filter change. They did the full deal oil & filter, air filter (if you're changing your own make sure you're ready for an air filter change), tire rotation, etc.

They replaced the microphone and I asked them to not just plug a new one in replacing the previous one but to replace the wiring (per Brian's recommendation). They pulled the headliner and found "bad wiring" and they replaced it as well so I expect that this is the end of the "replace the microphone again" cycle.

BTW, for those of you that are interested, I was told that Ford will do an alignment on your Raptor for free once, IF you're under 12,000 miles. My Raptor's not having any symptoms of alignment issues (uneven tire wear and/or shimmy in the front end) so I didn't have them do an alignment which I would have had to pay for.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha! It doesn't cost me anywhere near $250 (mine's included in the purchase price - all my services are "free" up to a certain number).

images

plus i can get my umpteenth microphone too.

not-this-again.jpg

lmao!

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you know they use full synthetic oil?

Is it called out on the invoice? Are you paying more for fully synthetic motor oil?

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked them to use it.

They wrote "synthetic" on the paperwork.

I paid extra.

I don't know that it's "full synthetic" - it could be a blend. :idk:

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked them to use it.

They wrote "synthetic" on the paperwork.

I paid extra.

I don't know that it's "full synthetic" - it could be a blend. :idk:

Did you pay for the "Premium Maintenance Plan" when you bought your Raptor?