Window rattle with crosswinds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lurker5

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there a general consensus on how to fix the annoying window rattle with crosswinds? Seems to be a fairly common issue.

This is what it sounds like - you might have to turn the sound up. But it sounds way louder in person as it’s coming from a place right by my ear.

The lowest speed I’ve experienced this at was 45, when I push on the window outwards it goes away.

I would rather not deal with a dealership, but would they replace the window seal? The dealership I bought it at is 4 hours away and the one by me doesn’t seem to want to deal with my warranty work. So I’m thinking about stuffing sticky weather stripping between the window and door frame on the inside to cause the window to push out a bit.

Thoughts?

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had this happen a few times in windy conditions on the highway. Drives me nuts! Would love to hear if anyone has figured out a way to prevent this as it's annoying AF.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not the window rattling. It's the weather strip on the outside of the truck where it meets the window in the upper right corner (outside) / upper left side next to your head (inside)

There is a slight gap that air get's in and it starts vibrating.

I added a 6 inch felt strip to that area and it hasn't returned. There is a post about it here.