Who’s got the highest mileage raptor eco boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bogger

Reaction score
110k miles on 2017 never been to the shop till today for a waste gate linkage spring change Ford SB 20-2016
iam told its to run about $300 to 400 bucks

I had 70k on a Gen 1 no issues, no comparison on how it runs to the Gen 2

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I normally stay away from these threads but the OP had a great just for fun question. I have 36,000 on my 2018 Gen 2 have had very little if issues with my Ecco boost. I’ve owned many different trucks and cars over the years and have had many different engines with them. Let’s face it engines sometimes breakdown and it happens other than design faults that do happen from time to time which then comes down to how a manufacturer handles issues that arise once that deficiency has been identified The biggest thing I’ve notice that seems somewhat consistent has been Cam Phaser issues which Ford has (in my opinion) addressed with warranty work. Now for those that want to bash someone for owning one of these trucks with these engines that quit possibly doesn’t even own or has never owned a Raptor is just stupid and should probably go find some other sand box to go crap in! Just my OP!

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I have 358 miles on my 22MY Gen3 that finally arrived, so much for a high mileage contribution, hope it runs forever but if/when I do have problems I'll be looking for advice from @FordTechOne and others on here that actually know what they are talking about and not the keyboard warriors that just love to get folks riled up. I love all the Generations of the Raptor but progress does matter, lets not fool ourselves.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had 70k on a Gen 1 no issues, no comparison on how it runs to the Gen 2
Truck for truck that is true.

However, a lot of people attribute that to the 3.5 > 6.2, but there are a few other differences that help out: 10 speed and weight are some big ones.

An interesting question would be which would you take in a race/whatever comparison the hypothetical you wants? An otherwise stock “gen 1” but with the 3.5 HO or an otherwise stock “gen 2” with the 6.2?

Edit****

OP something that might be interesting is to check on other forums for the gen 1 or gen 2 ecoboost high mileage threads. Might help to put your mind at ease on choosing the ecoboost as a platform.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned reading this:
1. People are ok with major engine issues and extensive dealer work
2. People with a warranty (especially extended warranties) don’t care what issues the engine has
I learned that and I also learned some shit for brains have more money than sense. Trigger activated!

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will find that most love their ecoboost raptor. Sure, ecoboost is fun, but be prepared to pay for engine work along the way. I believe that oil consumption and these cam phaser problems are really the only part/supplier/design/tuning issues. To me, those are a big deal and why I would not chance buying one. Now, we see turbo failures, so add that for what to watch. I would not spend my money on something that has these things to worry about. Maybe some don’t have these problems, or people who do don’t care (warranty?… but who pays for the next failure?). I am not sure why people are spending a premium to potentially have these problems. If you look at the fleet 6.2, that engine is definitely not as fun, but has a massively better background. You just don’t see widespread issues on that 6.2. Sure, there are hit and miss engines with bad build quality, but there were no recalls or TSBs on it. Food for thought, and definitely an unpopular opinion in the fanboy eco world. Eco owners are really triggered when anyone question’s anything about the ecoboost.
I hereby award you…6464087B-E429-42C7-B9AD-DE9A3520DCEB.jpeg

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I learned that and I also learned some shit for brains have more money than sense. Trigger activated!
Apparently you’re new here. dspangler is a notorious Sasquatch troll who has been kicked off of this forum multiple times under various usernames. He doesn’t own a Raptor and derails every Gen 2/3 thread he can because he’s a jealous loser. Don’t degrade yourself to his level. Only “triggered” people interject in a thread unrelated to their vehicle to talk shit.