Who’s got the highest mileage raptor eco boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6.2 is a dinosaur and no one cares.
6.2L V8 is my way to make music. And I'm not alone. I met Actor/racer Paul Newman in Long Beach at the CART events when I worked with SCCA doing Pit/Fire duty for Newman/Hass and later in Baja when he raced one leg of the Baja 1000 in a spec buggy and I was the staging director for SCORE. He was Racer Paul Newman and not treated as a celebrity. Afterwards, Actor Paul Newman was interviewed by The Actor's Studio and after all the usual questions he was randomly asked "what is your favorite sound?". He thought about it for a moment and answered "a V8"....

Attachments

• 226997d393fbeea0991fa3b102b31f3c.jpg
    226997d393fbeea0991fa3b102b31f3c.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 8

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
6.2L V8 is my way to make music. And I'm not alone. I met Actor/racer Paul Newman in Long Beach at the CART events when I worked with SCCA doing Pit/Fire duty for Newman/Hass and later in Baja when he raced one leg of the Baja 1000 in a spec buggy and I was the staging director for SCORE. He was Racer Paul Newman and not treated as a celebrity. Afterwards, Actor Paul Newman was interviewed by The Actor's Studio and after all the usual questions he was randomly asked "what is your favorite sound?". He thought about it for a moment and answered "a V8"....
Paul's dead, man. Quit living in the past. :)

93k on my '18. Engine never touched. Phasers need to be done, but putting it off as long as I can, been 23k miles so far. I have warranty to 120k.

2ndFord

Reaction score
2018 ordered 9/13/17, production date 12/18/17, delivered 1/20/18. Just under 48K miles today. Higher than many on here and too high to sell as "low mileage" for an '18, but not terribly high for a daily driver. Cam phasers done at 37K. Moonroof tracks @25K 11/19 (yes I keep them clean and lubed - this breakage actually occurred while CLOSING the roof, heard a "crack" and front panel was cockeyed at full closure. I use it often). Moonroof (re-opening upon closure) and side mirrors (glass spastically moving and "clicking" at vehicle startup) re-programmed twice. One transmission situation at 41K where shifts were horrible and inconsistent jumping between 6th and 8th gear at highway speed under load uphill, felt slippage with engine revving, got wrench icon on screen. Dealer could find no problem/codes, didn't say they reflashed anything and problem has not recurred. All repairs done for free under warranty.

All love to FordTechOne, please stay with us, you're in invaluable asset.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m curious to see how this thread pans out as so far it’s @DS550 with 125k for the lead. I thought for sure there would be some higher numbers, but like someone already stated it’s only been 5 years. Looking forward to seeing who tops the list.

2ndFord

Reaction score
I learned reading this:
1. People are ok with major engine issues and extensive dealer work
2. People with a warranty (especially extended warranties) don’t care what issues the engine has
At purchase I bought the 84 month/70K mile extended service plan. I was not in fear of any engine issues. I bought the plan for protection against multiple electronic/computer failures. I myself can deal with nuts and bolts. I cannot deal with circuit boards etc.