Truck Cover USA with Built Right Bed racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xexar

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I toiled over which tonneau cover to get for several months. My elevate rails with Truxedo Sentry roll-up did not age very well. After 4 years the vinyl almost completely separated form the aluminum. My constraints were that i wanted rails (like the elevate) for bicycle mounts, I wanted to keep my Built Right Bed panels for stuff, it had to be strong, and i didn't want vinyl. So after a ton of research I decided to go with the Truck Cover USA cover. Other then price it checked all the boxes. Its basically the best of the RetraxPro and Roll-n-lock combined. As far as I can tell, I may be one of the few to install this cover with the bed panels, so I figured I post a few pictures if anyone else is considering this setup. Overall I am very happy with how it all came together and I feel like I haven't sacrificed that much on storage. Installed on a 2019 supercrew.

Attachments

• IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
X

Xexar

Reaction score
I also should have added I love the fact that I was able to fit the 1.75gal Rotopax under the canister. I have like a 1/2" of extra clearance, like it was made for the space.

kevo_lo

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, I’ve been mulling over covers as well and had landed on this one too despite the high price.

How do you like the cover overall? Any downsides that you’ve found? I agree the bulkhead accessory rail and the bed cover canister play nicely together. Basically shows that the only downside I can see of this bed cover (canister takes up bed space) is effectively a non issue.

OP
OP
X

Xexar

Reaction score
Like I said, I'm very happy with the purchase and I agree very little downsides and pretty similar price to the retrax. At first the cover was very slow to retract. I actually went out and bought some silicone spray for the rails. After about a week it loosened up on its own and is fine now. The other slight pain point was the holes i drilled for the tailgate drains. The drilling was fine and not really a big deal but make sure you go low enough to not cause a 90 (and pinch point) in the tube. The tubes do take up space but i fit the bed extenders, rails and stuff all in the pocket without any issues. You will also need to trim the built rights Molle panels. You will need to notch them for the end most cleat and I needed to cut the bulkhead panels down to size to fit under the canister. Matt at Built-right sent me instructions for the cleat cut as this is similar for the Retrax.

Admin.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your setup looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing the details about the fit and installation. This is a dream layout! Sometimes those small adjustments make all the difference.

OP
OP
X

Xexar

Reaction score
Amber thanks again for all your help.
Amber responder back to like a thousands questions I had as I was trying to make up my mind on the cover. Real Truck's service was top notch.