Tried Xpel's Armor Wrap for Silver Part of Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I bought my truck 2.5 years ago I always wanted to black out the front silver painted portion of the bumper. Line-x didn't want to do it as they didn't think they could get a clean tape line, and while I rarely get much opportunity off-pavement, I didn't think paint or plasti-dip would hold up that great to highway stone chips, etc...
2 weeks ago Design n Signs sent me my new hood vinyl (while you can't see here, it has a nice embossed raptor logo underneath the wrap) and after wrapping below the grille also, I really wanted the silver section blacked out.
For about $40 I bought enough of Xpel's 'Armor' product to mess up once and hopefully still have enough left over to rewrap. The product is a bedliner-like material adhesive, and has worked well as an extra layer of protection on the bottom of my sports car bumpers and carbon fiber parts previously. I couldn't be happier with the result. The rolls I'd bought before for my sports cars had a gloss finish that looked cheap but I didn't care b/c they weren't seen. luckily, this larger roll came with a matte finish. I have no idea how the color will hold over time, but the price was right and easy enough to rewrap another piece if the bumper ever gets damaged or if it starts looking bad. I think there could be tons of different uses for this material.

Attachments

• wrap1.jpg
    wrap1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 248
  • wrap2.jpg
    wrap2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited: