Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT513

Reaction score
Does anyone know what size the factory exhaust tips are or where I could pick up a set or chrome ones. I looked at the ford racing ones but they don't give you the inlet size. Thanks!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the tail pipes are 2.5" so that would be your inlet size for tips. you could just remove your own stock tips and measure those for a more precise fit.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can sand and buff your stock ones... Just did mine today... Im not done yet still have more to buff but they close

BEFORE
Exhausttips003_zpse971315c.jpg

AFTER...
Exhausttips004_zpsd76136e4.jpg

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can sand and buff your stock ones... Just did mine today... Im not done yet still have more to buff but they close

BEFORE
Exhausttips003_zpse971315c.jpg

AFTER...
Exhausttips004_zpsd76136e4.jpg

What method did you use? Starting grit sand paper? What did you polish with? Buffing wheel? etc etc etc

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What method did you use? Starting grit sand paper? What did you polish with? Buffing wheel? etc etc etc

Started with light grit only to get the heavy stuff off cause the metal is cheap grade stainless... I used wool pads(Foam pads tear apart) on a Milwaukee polisher not a orbital one just the old style straight spinning at 2400 rpm...
The paper I have is a wet sanding paper on a 2in roll that I can tear off a 2ft piece and wrap it and pull back and forth to get smooth
started with 400 then to Ford Bright Metal Cleaner with the polisher...
If you step it more with different grits you can get it looking like a mirror.. Rule is the more you buff the shinier it will get...

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to try some blue away but I'm to lazy

That stuff is for removing heat discoloring not polishing.. It would work if the tips are already polished... ae you talking about Simichrome Polish? if so ya that stuff works great but it really need to be polished first before you use that stuff...

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blue-Away and Simi chrome polish.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

ya I gess I'm talking about tips that have already been polished