Sync Update, Recall letter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Anyone get the recall letter from Ford regarding update for the Sync Software? I did and it happens that my truck is in for oil change so I'm having it taken care of. Not sure what it fixes or prevents. Sorry I don't have the letter with me or I'd post a picture. Can't find any info on it. @FordTechOne ?

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Got the update "24B47", its for the APIM module. Didn't experience any issues so far and went as smooth as could go.

Found this on a Maverick sight, same verbiage I got on my letter.
Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP) 24B47 announced 7/22/2024 to update the APIM at no cost to the owner. Also known as SSM 52704.

This is NOT an Over The Air update.

The CSP lists all of the impacted vehicles including ALL Lariat Mavericks built before January 2024. The US population of all of the affected vehicles is 383,085.

Ford is aware of the issues owners are having with Sync:
Have you have experienced any issues with your center display? If so this CSP may solve the issues. Issues include:
1. Display intermittently blacks out.

Description: In all the affected vehicles, due to an error in the SYNC software, you may experience SYNC system instability concerns and/or a failure to preserve certain settings across ignition cycles. This may result in a black infotainment screen that does not affect rear view camera, incorrect language setting, erased or unsaved radio presets, and potential inability to perform software updates.

This update takes roughly 30 minutes, but expect a couple hours as this is a software update. I think it’s a configuration change to the APIM (software only update).

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone get the recall letter from Ford regarding update for the Sync Software? I did and it happens that my truck is in for oil change so I'm having it taken care of. Not sure what it fixes or prevents. Sorry I don't have the letter with me or I'd post a picture. Can't find any info on it. @FordTechOne ?
The issue is related to the APIM becoming corrupt due to devices/apps connected or paired to the system. The new software basically prevents that failure mode from occurring.