Suntek Satin PPF 2023 Black Agate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally people will pick the perfect background with their truck all shiny and their tires all Jerry curled up, Not me

The first pic is after I installed some Amp power steps. Looks way better without those clunky ass OEM steps and more ground clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_4951.jpeg
    IMG_4951.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_4603.jpeg
    IMG_4603.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I prefer the "clunky ass OEM steps" that I don't need to worry about breaking. I also don't need no fancy Navigator touring steps for my Raptor.

C'est la vie fancy pants ...or should I say ...Viva Las Vegas Mr. Presley

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the "clunky ass OEM steps" that I don't need to worry about breaking. I also don't need no fancy Navigator touring steps for my Raptor.

C'est la vie fancy pants ...or should I say ...Viva Las Vegas Mr. Presley
Keep in mind those raptor steps are mounted to the cab, so if you do USE those steps as the sliders you claim they are good for, the cab of your truck will not be thanking you.
I’d rather bend a set of steps than my cab.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind those raptor steps are mounted to the cab, so if you do USE those steps as the sliders you claim they are good for, the cab of your truck will not be thanking you.
I’d rather bend a set of steps than my cab.
That's why they're called steps and not rock sliders. They work well to get the wife and kids in the truck. I'm also not one for sliding my $85k truck off some rocks.

I did have a combo slider/step on my Wrangler more so for added protection against idiots drivers over any rock crawling.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why they're called steps and not rock sliders. They work well to get the wife and kids in the truck. I'm also not one for sliding my $85k truck off some rocks.

I did have a combo slider/step on my Wrangler more so for added protection against idiots drivers over any rock crawling.
true, I leave my step down when parked a lot of the time

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The OEM steps are a pain in the ass getting out of the truck. The AMPs are way easier as they drop down. I actually got them AMPs for my wife and daughter, if it wasn’t for them I would have gotten some Nfabs with the bolt on steps.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The OEM steps are a pain in the ass getting out of the truck. The AMPs are way easier as they drop down. I actually got them AMPs for my wife and daughter, if it wasn’t for them I would have gotten some Nfabs with the bolt on steps.
My 3 and 5 yr olds have no problems with them. Just the right height, sturdy and plenty of area to step/climb on.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 3 and 5 yr olds have no problems with them. Just the right height, sturdy and plenty of area to step/climb on.
Yes, but when you are above 3ft. Tall, you have to step up on the step to get out while ducking to not hit your head. The factory steps either scratch your calves when sliding out of the truck or you need to pull an acrobatic move to get out of you aren’t an emasculative size.