Stock exhaust vs rear resonators and resonated tips removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ledbetterjw

Reaction score
Stock

Rear resonator and resonated tip removal

I may reinstall the tips without resonators as it is a bit raspy at high rpms. Quiet mode is still quiet in both configurations. I may also experiment with other resonators and will post videos of anything I try here.
I ended up replacing stock resonators with Carven R series mufflers, and powdercoating stock resonated tips. Less raspy than no resonators, but louder and deeper than stock setup. Pretty happy with results and will most likely keep this way.

Last edited:

52predator

Reaction score
I’m glad someone is experimenting with the axle back section. Removing the tips and bottle resonators creates too much rasp. I still want to hear it with bottle resonators removed, but packed tips retained.

OP
OP
L

Ledbetterjw

Reaction score
I’m glad someone is experimenting with the axle back section. Removing the tips and bottle resonators creates too much rasp. I still want to hear it with bottle resonators removed, but packed tips retained.
This way still had too much clap/clatter at higher rpms for me, I then proceeded to replace resonators with carven r series mufflers which gave a deeper tone and less clap.....