Scab door rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey I've been getting pretty bad rattling in my passenger side door. The driver side is solid but it seems like the passenger side is loose or something. I double checked to make sure they were completely closed and still get rattle. I did some pretty rough off roading but I didn't think it would cause this. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or have an answer for me?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I know you said they are closed tight but the top latch on the rear door will rattle if it's not completely in. give it a good slam holding at the top and see if there is any play whatsoever.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know there was a write up on this a while back and someone put some kind of tape they use to wrap the handles on bats and they said it worked really well an kept good tension on the latch so it didn't rattle you could try that and see if it helps.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Here's the link to bigJ's door rattle fix!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/1%A2-$3-door-rattle-fixes-6046/

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pull the panel off and add some soft foam to the locking rod. Thats what rattles around. Does it on my drivers door. I took some really soft foam and wrapped it around the rod where the clips hold it to the door. Problem solved.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea it's like not the door I don't think. It's seems like the sound is coming from inside the door. My truck is under warranty thought. Do I need to deal with this or should I just take it to the dealer? They might just give me a new rear door and have the same problems though

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat....! I just got a 2013 Raptor and I was freaking out that I was getting this kind of rattling from a new truck!!!:emotions122:

So I dedicated an entire day to this problem. At first I thought it was the speaker grill. Took of the door panel and secured it down and put the door back on. Still rattling......…:emotions122:

Next I got a thin pole ( like a broom) and taped a good bit of electrical tape on the end (so as to not mar the door) and started poking around on the passenger door. Come to find out I got the door to stop rattling when I pushed the pole between the bottom of the door and the thin running board that covers all the wires. After that I made sure I put the door back on tight(it was). Again :emotions122:

Long story short, it's the door seal on the truck side rubbing the actual door.... Creating a noise that sounds like rattling but its just the most annoying squeaking sound known to man!

To do a quick test to see if this was my actual problem, I used some blue painters tape and taped the area where the door seal comes in contact with the door on the bottom side. Did a rattle free test drive to get a celebratory 12 pack on a job well done. Cracked one open as I used some armor all type stuff and rubbed the seal down. Hasn't rattled since!

Hope this works for all of you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was in the same boat....! I just got a 2013 Raptor and I was freaking out that I was getting this kind of rattling from a new truck!!!:emotions122:

So I dedicated an entire day to this problem. At first I thought it was the speaker grill. Took of the door panel and secured it down and put the door back on. Still rattling......…:emotions122:

Next I got a thin pole ( like a broom) and taped a good bit of electrical tape on the end (so as to not mar the door) and started poking around on the passenger door. Come to find out I got the door to stop rattling when I pushed the pole between the bottom of the door and the thin running board that covers all the wires. After that I made sure I put the door back on tight(it was). Again :emotions122:

Long story short, it's the door seal on the truck side rubbing the actual door.... Creating a noise that sounds like rattling but its just the most annoying squeaking sound known to man!

To do a quick test to see if this was my actual problem, I used some blue painters tape and taped the area where the door seal comes in contact with the door on the bottom side. Did a rattle free test drive to get a celebratory 12 pack on a job well done. Cracked one open as I used some armor all type stuff and rubbed the seal down. Hasn't rattled since!

Hope this works for all of you.

Thanks for the info. Mines not a squeaking noise however. It's a actual rattling of metal and plastic hitting each other