Sagging / Warped Bumper Above License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsimon77

Reaction score
Looking to see if anybody else has anything like this.

On my '22, 4k miles Raptor I noticed that the super thin plastic part of the bump right above the license place is sagging / warped. I just noticed it today...not sure it was always there or not but I feel like it would have caught my eye as you can see the spare tire. It's not cracked, there is no way anything could have been placed on it or stepped on it as it's under the tailgate.

No damage, nothing was ever hit.

Before I take it to the dealer I figured I'd ask if anybody else has this on theirs.

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same thing but not as bad. I think every Raptor has this.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same with mine. Good to know I’m not the only one, I was blaming it on the LineX guys from when they removed the tailgate.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
My 37 has a similar issue, but mine is almost raised a little, like it buckled upward. Mine is not worth worrying about.

OP
OP
J

jsimon77

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the comments. It almost seems like it's missing something supporting it. The plastic is SO SO thin there it's crazy. The next time I take it to the dealer I'll have them look at it.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn it. I never noticed this but now I can't un-see it. It almost looks like the plastic was too thin and the mold was off during manufacturing.

Last edited:

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to see if anybody else has anything like this.

On my '22, 4k miles Raptor I noticed that the super thin plastic part of the bump right above the license place is sagging / warped. I just noticed it today...not sure it was always there or not but I feel like it would have caught my eye as you can see the spare tire. It's not cracked, there is no way anything could have been placed on it or stepped on it as it's under the tailgate.

No damage, nothing was ever hit.

Before I take it to the dealer I figured I'd ask if anybody else has this on theirs.

View attachment 384932

View attachment 384933

View attachment 384934
It looks like it is perfectly centered and contoured, are you sure this isn’t just normal? As in maybe it’s curved like that by design?
I haven’t gotten mine yet, so I can’t reference one in my driveway to comment, but it does look symmetrical at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salts