Remote Start Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13terrainraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go to use my remote start on my truck and all I get is a small relay click. It was working fine up to now. Besides the function being disabled, what else can it be? Thanks.

Last edited:

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a hood switch for the factory alarm right by the air box and coolant reservoir on the fender mount that can get bent down when working on the truck. I know this first hand. It looks like a big rubber accordion door pin switch, take a look at that first.

Gilligan

Reaction score
There is a hood switch for the factory alarm right by the air box and coolant reservoir on the fender mount that can get bent down when working on the truck. I know this first hand. It looks like a big rubber accordion door pin switch, take a look at that first.

I've had problems with that also, if the wiring harness isn't connected to that switch it won't work either. It was awhile ago but IIRC the horn beeped 2-3times when that was.

Every so often, maybe like 1/5 my truck will just make a computer switch sounding noise but then not start. The factory remote start and remote are both pretty ******.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With some vehicles . . if the "check engine light" is On . . then, No Remote Start.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the hood switch issue. A shop installed some bumper lights for me last year. They must have pulled the wiring harness for some reason and forgot it. I went all winter trying to figure it out. Putting fenders on this spring and found the plug laying hidden behind the coolant reservoir. I suppose it could have fallen of, but one hell of a coincidence if it did.....

Gilligan

Reaction score
I had the hood switch issue. A shop installed some bumper lights for me last year. They must have pulled the wiring harness for some reason and forgot it. I went all winter trying to figure it out. Putting fenders on this spring and found the plug laying hidden behind the coolant reservoir. I suppose it could have fallen of, but one hell of a coincidence if it did.....

that's what happened to me, a shop installed my hood lights and unplugged it for some reason.

Only took me about 5-10min to figure out though......:snoopfacepalm:

cjgambill

Reaction score
I had the same issue and looked at this and found my rubber boot was missing. thanks for your help in figuring this out!

Attachments

• img-9176_PAqTI6P7.mp4
    1.2 MB