Recommended radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, the stock radiator is starting to have a slow leak on the driver side end tank and I figure it's time to replace it with something better. The only thing I remember is the Mishimoto radiators having tons of leak problems. Is there a better recommendation on a supplier? Also, any other upgrades that should be done during the radiator replacement? Thanks!

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like shiny aftermarket parts. Haha
+1. Forgot to mention, I did Motorcraft upper (cake) and lower (OMFG it's a bitch to get that clamp off) radiator hoses at the same time. I considered heater hoses but they seemed ok. Recommend the cable clamp remover tool thing if you do lower radiator hose, I got a cheap one from Autozone that barely worked but got the job done. I would have done thermostat but already replaced it a few years ago.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly what I saw for CBR/Ron Davis, haven't seen Cold Case...

Cold Case has gotten pretty popular it seems after more people on YouTube have been using them, but they seem to offer a quality product for a good price like Mishimoto used to. I did some back reading on here and there's been mentions of CBR ones having leak issues, and that was back when they were 900 dollars, and they're now 1700 dollars! The Ron Davis ones don't even have a price listed on the website. At this point it's either Full Race or Cold Case, just need to compare the two as they are about the same price.