PSR Install Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine this morning. Very easy too do. Used right at 30 oz of Royal Purple. 2 complete 12 oz bottles and part of a 3rd.

Make sure you turn your return flow fitting down when attaching to res. best routing for this hose. Not a lot of play.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed the RPG Power Steering Reservoir Sunday. :peace: Didn't take too long. I did shake the reservoir and heard something rattling around inside. Sure enough, it was an RPG styrophome peanut. Got it out, no problem. I set up a catch pan (cut open a plastic jug) and put it below the stock res. prior to removing the hoses. :Grenade: I also put some news paper down there to catch any drips that didn't hit the catch pan. Once I removed the hoses, I used a bungy cord to hold them up so they didn't continue to drip. The new one when right in once the fan shroud was trimmed. I did have some trouble with the small hose clamp on the supply line. I couldn't get it to catch, but then once I did, I stripped it out. :Jedi: Therefore, I used the stock clamp. The hose was pretty difficult to get off the line, so I'm not worried about it coming off.

I added most of a qt. of Valvoline Mercon V ATF for ford vehicles.
Valvoline.com > Products > Valvoline > Automatic Transmission Fluid Valvoline > Valvoline® ATF for MERCON® V applications

Here are the final installed photos. I also labeled the top of the res.

376179_667230872468_1407758848_n.jpg

553943_667230907398_802312147_n.jpg

580985_667230922368_642139444_n.jpg

Thanks RPG to another great product!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been rocking the RPG PSR since mid July. I kept noticing a small drip off of the over flow nozzle. I thought it was due to me over filing when I first installed it. While doing some hard driving at little Sahara, not only did my antifreeze boil over, my power steering did too.

The current set up uses a 7lb radiator cap. I was thinking one of three possibilities.

1- the filler neck for the PSR is too deep, and the cap is not seating fully, or it only takes a little pressure to push past and leak out the over flow.

OR

2- the cap should be a 13lb cap

OR

3- I should get a 7lb cap for a deeper filler neck.

After the weekend fun, I checked the fluid level and topped it off. Not once did I ever feel any steering fade, and obviously I was working the system hard.

Anyone else experienced anything similar??
Thanks,
Joe