Phaser Repair #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 Gen 2 Leadfoot

Well, Phaser repair #2 is underway, and I was worried (with 66K on my mileage) that I would have to pay for it myself.
My last Phaser repair was back in 2019.

I learned 2 things - my extended warranty is good for 3 more weeks!
This Phaser repair doesn't even come under my extended warranty - it is an emission warranty that covers it!
So, $100 deductible to have
1. my Transmission re-calibrated ($170 without warranty)
2. New maps installed because my flash-drive update refuses to work ($100 to install).
3. Oil and filter changed

Nice!

vk35

Reaction score
Do you happen to know what PN was used for phaser repair #1?

Also, did they find anything wrong with the chain/guides during phaser repair #2?

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first replacement set made it to the 110k mark, the second repair set with the "M" part number has been good since then to 126k now.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Hmm, mine was covered under the Ford extended warranty at 103k miles. I got a rental the whole time it was in the shop too since I purchased rental coverage with the warranty.

OP
OP
pastorwug

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, mine was covered under the Ford extended warranty at 103k miles. I got a rental the whole time it was in the shop too since I purchased rental coverage with the warranty.
I'm going to check on the rental car as well, all I have now is my Ducati, and it's a bit cold going to work in the morning.