Openbox cargo security - Masterlock U-Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Floppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stake pockets are under the plastic covers on the top of the box, but it also bolts to the sides on the inside of the box. Not sure where as my Raptor is waiting for me another 2 weeks lol. I might be taking the covers off the box sides or cutting the holes out to put black tie-down bars on, if I can find a design I like and get them powder coated.

OP
OP
F

Floppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchase review

Well I was at Walmart getting a keylock for my gf's work locker when I seen the U-locks on the rack. It cost $35.77 CDN so I would figure it should be about $29.99 in USD. So I bought one, even though I dont have my truck yet. It's really a nice design, that doesnt need the stake pockets. I'm going to be replacing the tie down loop with it....long as the Raptor comes with the loops inside the bed. I've taken some pics to start a very easy mod, but one that might keep your stuff....well, your stuff.

The attachments are kinda bunged up it didnt go in order but you can get the premise of how it works better than the website showed. The last pic shows everything you need to replace the tie-down loop. When you take the loop off use its bolts to lock the plate down. When the unit is locked the hexhead bolt is covered by the locking hoop, making it impossible to use the bolt to take it apart.

Masterlock also has a 4' coated 3/8" cable but I'll buy it for the install review.