New from PA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justretired

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the site, and at the moment, I do not own a Raptor.
I have been a long time Chevy Duramax owner, but I just ordered a new Raptor a couple weeks ago.
Having just sold my company (trucking) and retired, I decided it was also time to upgrade my 2011 Duramax. I have been a long time Chevy fan, but in recent years have been very disappointed in what Chevy has to offer.
I decided to go back to a gas engine with my new truck, and I am sure I don't need to tell you guy's that Chevy has nothing to compare to a Raptor!!
Going away from a diesel, I new I would still want the big horse and torque. I also wanted a better ride than a 3/4 ton. I like my trucks loaded with all the options, and I did drive a new Chevy High Country, but it wasn't even close to the raptor. Even another $5,000 in after market would not get it there!!
Being's as how I won't see the truck til August, I was very tempted to hold off to see what was coming for 2015 (2016,who knows??)........but I was concerned that the 6.2 would not be offered, and as I said, going away from a diesel, the 6.2 is important to me.
Anyway, I have some questions I need to ask on the proper forums about what mods I will make when I get it. Mostly looking performance stuff, as the Raptor seems to have the looks, ride, and cab comfort pretty well covered.