New '23 37pp owner with some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I apologize if you get these threads all the time.

I recently swapped my 2017 Gen 2 for a 2023 Gen 3 with the 37pp in code orange and I am in love! I was a little worried that it would be the same but newer, but it definitely feels like a pretty big upgrade. When the gen 3s were first announced they looked a little slimmed down, but my 37 looks and feels beefy.

I have some random questions as I have come across things over the last week.

I posted this in the forscan thread, but thought I would add it here as well.

Can you all tell me what are the standard DRLs with no mods?

Here is what I want for DRLs (with the knob set to auto) - Front headlights on, then all ambers, 3 middle, headlight surrounds and then the ones on either side of the headlights in front of the wheel wells.

After doing what I thought was correct in forscan, here is what I am left with - All ambers on, no headlights. Also, the auto headlights are possibly not working, need to do further testing. But it was also raining yesterday and when I turned on the wipers, the headlights never came on. Typically headlights come on when the wipers are on.

Any suggestions?

Sync 4 - is there any way to change the background or theme? I dont understand why they wouldnt give any options to change the theme? The light blue/white is so boring. Is there any way to put the clock in the middle of the top bar? Its all the way over on the left which leaves a bunch of blank space in the middle and I'd prefer it in the middle.

Anybody else with the code orange get smoked tail lights? Would love to see pics of your smoked/after market tail lights. I had my gen 2 tail lights smoked but that was on my black raptor and it looked really nice. Just not sure how blacked out tail lights will look on the orange truck with the grey tailgate decal.

Any other must have mods or upgrades? I'm in Missouri so while I'll try to take it off roading every now and then, its main purpose is my daily driver.

I did order a bed cover which I've received but still need to put on. Planning on tinting the front windows to match the back and I've swapped the antenna for a stubby antenna.

20240707_121044.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
#SameNumberOfprius
when you do a trade, the prius pool is not reduced.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I have no idea what this means, but I sold my old truck to an individual for $10k more than what the dealership was offering on trade. So no trade here if that makes you feel any better.
He means when you go from already owning a Raptor to getting another Raptor whether it be by trade, selling outright, etc..

DRL from factory look like this:
1720623433992.png

112 pages of FORSCAN info here:

Welcome to FRF

OP
OP
CodeOrangeRaptor
Reaction score
He means when you go from already owning a Raptor to getting another Raptor whether it be by trade, selling outright, etc..

DRL from factory look like this:
View attachment 459936

112 pages of FORSCAN info here:

Welcome to FRF
Thanks for the info! So the DRLs are ONLY the ambers around the headlights?