Lower radiator hose leaking at clamp.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my skid plate off and noticed some dried up fluid pooled at the rear passenger side of the skid plate, looked up at it looks to be coming from the clamp on the lower radiator hose. I assume it's coolant. Trucks a 2017, any ideas?

Truck doesn't run hot at all either, multiple 200-300 mile trips and all temps are moderate throughout.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4051.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4051.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 58
  • thumbnail_IMG_4052.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4052.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 56
  • thumbnail_IMG_4053.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4053.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
Win Seeker

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having a coolant leak to looks to be close to that area. Ill be sure to check that as soon as I get it on a lift
You can see this hose from the passenger wheel well if you're willing to get your head in there. Alternatively, there may be a puddle on your skid plate like there was on mine, which would also be viewable without a lift. GL!

Reaction score
I would throw a constant torque clamp on there if that loosens back up. Those standard worm gear clamps tend to loosen up over a handful of thermal cycles.