How to strap this down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckstick101

Reaction score
Could use some help figuring out how to strap the kennel in this location ... the tie down points in this bed suck. Open to advise on a better way?
20240603_111604.jpg

MFouts

Reaction score

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Could use some help figuring out how to strap the kennel in this location ... the tie down points in this bed suck. Open to advise on a better way?
View attachment 456173
200.gif
Feet showing in the picture. For the love of all things HOLY, we don’t want to see anyone’s gnarly toes. Well... most of us don’t. At least they’re not dress socks.

Get some D Rings and put through the bed bolts?
THIS.

Looks like you have a spray in bed liner. Use a razor and cut the circle around the bed bolts. Use a pick- dental pick, or similar to COMPLETELY clean out the torx head. You absolutely MUST have a 100% clean seating of the torx bit or you will strip the head. I had one bed bolt I didn’t get the bed liner out of the torx head and I stripped it. I tried all manner of workarounds, ended up going to a mechanic who used an air chisel to break it loose.

Anyway, the D-rings will allow you to ratchet strap the kennel down so it won’t move. I’m not clear how much force you can put on the box-link and they’re not very low.
For more info:

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 456178
Feet showing in the picture. For the love of all things HOLY, we don’t want to see anyone’s gnarly toes. Well... most of us don’t. At least they’re not dress socks.

THIS.

Looks like you have a spray in bed liner. Use a razor and cut the circle around the bed bolts. Use a pick- dental pick, or similar to COMPLETELY clean out the torx head. You absolutely MUST have a 100% clean seating of the torx bit or you will strip the head. I had one bed bolt I didn’t get the bed liner out of the torx head and I stripped it. I tried all manner of workarounds, ended up going to a mechanic who used an air chisel to break it loose.

Anyway, the D-rings will allow you to ratchet strap the kennel down so it won’t move. I’m not clear how much force you can put on the box-link and they’re not very low.
For more info:
If I remember right the working load limit for the box links are about 500lbs

OP
OP
truckstick101

truckstick101

Reaction score
View attachment 456178

THIS.

For more info:
Ive read a few horror stories about this and feel like I better avoid it. Im not patient enough for it ...

I thought about cropping my feet out ... then remembered a comment like this was coming... it was a decision :troll3: If i wasn't wearing sock I woulda cropped it :snoopfacepalm: