Help - Keep the 21 or get a 24/25.....Asking for your guys opinion/thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
So I have a 21 w/ 37P (Velocity Blue) and it is paid off. I really do not need a 24/25 but really want the heads up display / My Raptor Button / Auto Unlock.

Here is my dilemma - I have 30k saved. Dealer said they could get me a 24 in Carbonized Gray with same options as my 21 and I can get $1000k below invoice. They are offering me $60k - Edmunds and KBB show $56k for Trade in. Seems like a good deal?

So I am looking at about a $7k deficit to get into the new Raptor, but part of me thinks I should wait for the 25. However with the Keypad (I use daily) not being provided anymore and the fact that nothing else really changed, except the cost going up about $1500 and realistically not getting until spring of 25, I think I should jump on this. If I wait for the 25, I will need new tires before I trade in (~$2k) and truck will be worth less, It probably makes sense to get the 24?

EDIT - I just turned 36k miles this am. I have an extended warranty for 100k.

Or do I just suck it up and keep the 21. Also a side note this is my first vehicle I have owned outright. I leased all my prior vehicles and always had a fresh ride every 3 years…..

Just curious what other guys would do????

Last edited:

Dev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d get the 2024 but squeeze as much $$ out of the dealer that you can!

OP
OP
gobluejd

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
2021 is master race of Gen 3. Keep it and get the Gen 4 in 2026.
Can we confirm a 26 refresh ;) if so you just made my decision a little harder. I have NO PROBLEM with my 21 and can easily throw money into tires.

Also I neglected to say that I just turned 36k miles this am and have an extended warranty to 100k.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the QA issues during MY24, I wouldn't buy a refreshed truck under any circumstances. I'd hold onto that MY21 until the next gen comes out.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we confirm a 26 refresh ;) if so you just made my decision a little harder. I have NO PROBLEM with my 21 and can easily throw money into tires.

Also I neglected to say that I just turned36k miles this am and have an extended warranty to 100k.
MY24 was the refresh, next gen would be next. I would guess you won't see that until MY27 earliest.

Also, don't go after a new truck just for a HUD. They aren't anything new, I had one on my MY12 camaro, and the vette had it before that. They are overrated and only add to the cost of a replacement windshield.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not really mathing with the numbers, what do you have all in $ with your 21? What is OTD on the 24 before trade?

Really doesn’t seem worth it to me, the next generation F-150 is around the corner. The only thing to justify opening my wallet now would be for two extra cylinders, not a HUD.

OP
OP
gobluejd

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I’m not really mathing with the numbers, what do you have all in $ with your 21? What is OTD on the 24 before trade?

Really doesn’t seem worth it to me, the next generation F-150 is around the corner. The only thing to justify opening my wallet now would be for two extra cylinders, not a HUD.
I have allot into it, but removing the lighting, stereo upgrade etc. Basically leaving the Bed Cover.

Goes with Trade:
Revolver X4s Bed Tonneau Cover ($1000)
Rear Wheel Liners
Ceramic Pro 7 year
Ceramic Tint all windows

Removing and putting on new truck:
Baja Designs S8 Lower Grill Light bar ($500)
Rigid Side Shooter A-Pillar Side shooter Lights ($500)
Rigid SRL Reverse Lights (($400)
Rigid SRM Fog Light (OEM Replacements) Spot and Driving ($800)
Rigid Hitch Chase Light/brake
Rokblokz Mud Flaps ($400)
Roush Cold Air Intake ($500)
Custom Sound System with Subs/amp/Speakers/Sound Deadening) ($5000)