Heavy Rain Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea on where to start with a headlight problem? I drove my truck in heavy, heavy rain, for the first time ever (people were pulling off the road it was so bad). The truck did GREAT.

I parked at a restaruant, locked the truck and went in. When I came out, half of my headlights were on.

I drove to my next destination, and the same thing happened. I locked the truck and double checked everything was normal/locked/off. 20 minutes later half of the headlights came on. The brake lights did too. No marker, center stop, or dash lights came on though.

I had to pull the battery for a few days until I assume it dried out. The local dealer has no idea and has returned the truck with a "could not replicate issue" response. The dealer said there was no codes and they had no leads. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20240619_191904.jpg
    20240619_191904.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240619_191949.jpg
    20240619_191949.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240619_200459.jpg
    20240619_200459.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240619_200517.jpg
    20240619_200517.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 24

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Check the truck for diagnostic trouble codes.
Any chance there is any kind of damage at the tail lights - or any of the lights for that matter?

There have been some users with damaged taillight assemblies throwing a ton of DTC, as it connects into the truck network and causes all kind of havoc.

OP
OP
raydulce

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the truck for diagnostic trouble codes.
Any chance there is any kind of damage at the tail lights - or any of the lights for that matter?

There have been some users with damaged taillight assemblies throwing a ton of DTC, as it connects into the truck network and causes all kind of havoc.
Thanks for the tip... i'll take another look. I did not see any damage when hand washing the truck yeterday.

There were no DTCs in the computer according to the dealer, which may or may not be due it taking a month to get an appointment with them.

OP
OP
raydulce

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh the joys of a COVID truck. Along with the light issue, I asked the dealer to look at my "poor shifting" issue. When coming to a stop, the truck often wants to keep pushing, like the transmission is not disengaging .

Well they me a few minutes ago and said they found "an amazing amount of metal and clutch material" during their inspection. So now I get to wait a few weeks while they figure out a rebuild situation. Maybe something for others to look at. Most days the transmission issue was subtle and just resulted in a bit of a "clunk" when coming to a stop. A few times I had to get on the brakes harder than is reasonable. I figured it was programming. Never thougth it was going to be a hosed transmission.