Gen 1 with 4 Auto (TOD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trick76cj5

Reaction score
So, I wanted to give everyone an update:

- 2018 Raptor Control Module - Will not communicate with the 2014 computer, the connection is identical, but clearly something in the software is not compatible.

So, at this point, I have the 2018 TOD with hi lock, but i can't actuate the hi lock with the 2014 TOD controller. I don't have a solution to this problem. But, I do have 2WD Hi, AWD, and 4 Lo Lock, so all is working except 4 hi lock.

Note: Technically, 4hi works, but it doesn't use the locking pawl, so I have 4hi for most cases . . . but i'm not able to get the benefit of the high lock feature . . . yet

Last edited:

trick76cj5

Reaction score
i got mine from ford parts giant. They had it brand new for $640. I just checked and its $1200 now HL3Z-7A195-C. But, it may be worth shopping some of the big sites like that and cross reference all the old P/N's as you may find some old stock of a discontinued P/N.