G3 Uplifter Switch Instructions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is close. The thing with the Raptors is that their 5 amp switches had baby 22 gauge wires on them on the Gen 2's. I don't know why they cheaped out like that. So in a lot of cases, anything over 2-3 amp draw would blow the fuse after about 5 minutes.
The reason wasn't as much the fuse, but the wire would get hot because it was so thin.
Now, the nice thing is. Ford seems to have replaced those wires to all 16 gauge it looks like in the 21+. So if it is a Gen 3, I would probably guess you may be ok. Worse case, you blow a 5 amp fuse. The 5 amp is the basic one. It's not a special Mcase+ like the 15amp ones. We also have fuse packs.

John
Thanks John, I appreciate the response. It is a GEN3. I’ve got them on a 10amp right now. I suppose I’ll only consider it if necessary, but will probably plan to use the 5amp switches for higher loads running on a separate relay.