Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Ford is worried about numbers creeping up on future models, especially when you can buy a short box, single cab, 4x4, 5.0 with a dealer installed whipple, make 800 ponies and pretty much smoke anything else Ford makes and factory warranty.

tone228

Reaction score
Point, I think the Braptor sales are falling off a cliff and Im assuming Ford is shocked that nobody wants to pay 100k for Bronco not including ADM. I think they are just trying to get some shock value/positive press to those new models. The OG Raptor is already established in the market, but i do think the reason they didn't do anything meaningful for the Raptor is because they don't want to start creeping up on the future GEN 4 HP/Torque numbers. Also think that insurance companies are starting dictate more and more on what goes into cars.
Braptor sales are down, so yeah maybe this is a way to try to move some units.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So... inquiring minds want know...

Putting the tune on after you purchase means it’s aftermarket and not covered by ESP - not surprising.
So, what if you ordered it up front, had it installed _for_ purchase - IOW, dealer gets it, installs tune, sells you the truck.

???

this is all a moot point if they don’t produce a ’24 eligible tune or ’25 for when they’re out but just thinking about how this would work.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... inquiring minds want know...

Putting the tune on after you purchase means it’s aftermarket and not covered by ESP - not surprising.
So, what if you ordered it up front, had it installed _for_ purchase - IOW, dealer gets it, installs tune, sells you the truck.

???

this is all a moot point if they don’t produce a ’24 eligible tune or ’25 for when they’re out but just thinking about how this would work.
Still aftermarket. It’s not the flash on the truck as it rolls down the assembly line