Ford extra perimeter alarm program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billet707

Reaction score
alright I have a few questions on the ford perimeter security module, I just installed it in my gen 2 I know late. so I plugged It in and hit the ignition from off place 1 to run place 3 and back and the truck flashed lights twice and locked and unlocked doors twice. I thought that was now programmed. I had the dial turned all the way left and then right and grabbed on the handles and shook the truck and nothing happened. The programmed lock unlock lock to remote start works as well as my already factory remote start. but yet the security alarm isn't doing anything. I know prior to installing this mu move sensor works has I had the truck locked and I jacked it up to change a wheel and it went off. But now to get the touch alarm to work or handle??????????

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
start up a side by side, or large displacement motorcycle with a loud exhaust next to the truck and rev it. if it doesn’t go off, something’s not right.
I’m being serious. I can climb in and out of the truck bed, pull out the 5 gallon gas cans and nothing. I haven’t tried the tires yet. I did notice that all the way to the sensitive side was too far, I could get a bunch of false alerts. I’ve dialed it back to about 80%-ish on sensitivity and I will still get alerts if I’m parked next to vehicles.

I believe the guidance I had at the time of install was to turn the sensitivity all the way up, and whack the door glass hard with an open hand. You should be greeted with a chirp from the horn.

OP
OP
Billet707

Billet707

Reaction score
start up a side by side, or large displacement motorcycle with a loud exhaust next to the truck and rev it. if it doesn’t go off, something’s not right.
I’m being serious. I can climb in and out of the truck bed, pull out the 5 gallon gas cans and nothing. I haven’t tried the tires yet. I did notice that all the way to the sensitive side was too far, I could get a bunch of false alerts. I’ve dialed it back to about 80%-ish on sensitivity and I will still get alerts if I’m parked next to vehicles.

I believe the guidance I had at the time of install was to turn the sensitivity all the way up, and whack the door glass hard with an open hand. You should be greeted with a chirp from the horn.
I have the ford pass app but where do you guys keep receiving notifications? I don't get any about doors open shut or vibrations. I do have a motorcycle and a drag car that I can start up by it and see. but yea I thought the whole point was a tug on the handle should set it off. For rn I zipped the module on top of the large white trailer module under the dash. I can't find the Baja mod mount anymore appears the website is no longer.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure when it was plug and play when I installed mine (2018). Works great with the sensor at about 1/2 to 5/8 sensitivity.

I just bent up a piece of aluminum. I was too cheap to buy the bracket.

Check your connections again, try resetting the battery or maybe it’s in the vehicle settings somewhere. IMG_4211.jpeg

OP
OP
Billet707

Billet707

Reaction score
I’m sure when it was plug and play when I installed mine (2018). Works great with the sensor at about 1/2 to 5/8 sensitivity.

I just bent up a piece of aluminum. I was too cheap to buy the bracket.

Check your connections again, try resetting the battery or maybe it’s in the vehicle settings somewhere. View attachment 460227
yea its plug and play for my 2019, it plugged in where the OB2 port is and then OB2 plugs into it. that's not a bad idea on the aluminum piece. I think for me is what is the proper program process? I think I found a bronco vid I'm going to try and see. ignition on then off then lock then unlock with doors then get out and lock it.