FILMING AT IMPERIAL DUNES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm working on a cool project that we hope to shoot at Imperial Dunes at the beginning of September which involves a 2024 Raptor jumping dunes, racing away from a storm (Visual Effects) to reveal the truck is on Mars.

I'm looking for someone in the San Diego/Arizona area that has a 2024 Raptor (standard, no mods) that would like to be involved? We'll also have a support vehicle with camera rig, stunt driver from Hollywood and a custom-made space suit :)

Anyway, happy to fill you in with more details and look forward to anyone who wants to be involved.

Best

Mike

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So hang on… you’re bringing a stunt driver in a “custom-made space suit”… but our Raptor has to be completely stock without mods? How about you bring your plain-a$$ space suit and we bring our tricked out trucks??? Storm? Mars?? What kind of adult film is this gonna be???

1721873440193.jpeg

Wait a minute… who gets to wear the space suit??

OP
OP
chaosTheoryPictures
Reaction score
You can drive your own truck.

It’s called a spec commercial. Self made and not funded by Ford. Something a group of filmmakers are doing in their own time. We thought there’d be someone out there who’d be interested in having their truck filmed.

The only reason we’d have a stunt driver would be for a dune jump, as we wouldn’t want you to roll your own truck by accident or damage your own truck and it’s just a legal requirement, but hey, if you want to jump a dune by all means :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaosTheoryPictures
Reaction score
The concept is the 2024 Raptor is seen escaping a huge sand storm. A variety of driving and interior shots, climbing up and over a dune, traversing rocky terrain till we reveal the truck is on mars and the driver escapes the planet in a space rocket (all visual effects) think the movie The Martian.

Then at the end a voice over says ‘The all new 2024 Ford F150 Raptor, the only truck for any terrain’.

Ford has never done a commercial about the Raptor and we wanted to show them how it’s done ;-)

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool idea. There has to be at least one '24 owner on here that wants to have themselves professionally photographed out in the dunes. Once the commercial is done, is this something you try to sell to Ford or is this a way to get your work in front of them to give you a chance at producing future commercials with them?

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL @ the people above making sour comments. If you're not interested, keep your 0.02 to yourself.

As a former videographer/photographer, i can tell you there are TONS of people out there who will bite at this opp since people pay money to get cool videos of their own trucks to post on their social media, get to experience something like this and have a video at the end of it to keep for memories and showcase their truck with a cinematic flavor with an entire TEAM to come out to do it for you for FREE. Also, keep in mind, there are tons of social media pages that will likely re-post your video and that equates to easy sponsorships (ask me how i know lol) to get free wheels, lights, parts etc you name it.

This is definetely something that would run you into the 5-figure pricetag if you wanted this for yourself.

I don't qualify for this, but wish you the best of luck since this is going to be a BADASS shoot!

OP
OP
chaosTheoryPictures
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool idea. There has to be at least one '24 owner on here that wants to have themselves professionally photographed out in the dunes. Once the commercial is done, is this something you try to sell to Ford or is this a way to get your work in front of them to give you a chance at producing future commercials with them?
Not usually. It's just something fun we do between other jobs. It's been a quiet 12 months because of the writer and actors strikes, so we like to stay active and create outstanding material.