Expected Gas Mileage for 2017 Raptor? (10-Speed Transmission)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
c7ed9fbf4b37f65247dc8f852430d227.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Can't wait till I get my hands on this "beast" next year when I'm 22. Looking forward to it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I will say a properly tuned turbo will yield good mileage and power. Honestly the ecoboost stuff really isn't a true turbo setup. If Ford does a proper setup with the Raptor I feel with some boost and fuel delivery tweaks 500+ HP will be obtainable easy. Off the top my head installing larger turbos maybe a better flowing exhaust depending on how much development was put into the stock system horsepower and torque will be pretty amazing with stock internals.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I will say a properly tuned turbo will yield good mileage and power. Honestly the ecoboost stuff really isn't a true turbo setup. If Ford does a proper setup with the Raptor I feel with some boost and fuel delivery tweaks 500+ HP will be obtainable easy. Off the top my head installing larger turbos maybe a better flowing exhaust depending on how much development was put into the stock system horsepower and torque will be pretty amazing with stock internals.

If the Raptor has 450hp you wont even need to upgrade the turbos to push it over 500hp. Intercooler, intake, some exhaust bits, and a tune (better maps) will easily yield 50+hp.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Raptor has 450hp you wont even need to upgrade the turbos to push it over 500hp. Intercooler, intake, some exhaust bits, and a tune (better maps) will easily yield 50+hp.

I was just saying "you could if you wanted to" :evillol: Just typing out-loud but all in all better mileage.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I doubt it would take that much. Probably just a downpipe and a tune.

I don't think we're going to be disappointed with the power of the new truck, and even more impressed by the potential.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt it would take that much. Probably just a downpipe and a tune.

I don't think we're going to be disappointed with the power of the new truck, and even more impressed by the potential.

No doubt. I bet there will be some Raptors out there making some monster power. Hell, there are Gen 1's out there making stupid numbers so it pretty much comes down to how wide you wanna open your wallet.

But with the turbo setup like you said, it wont take much to pull some cheap power out of it.

Ryno288

Reaction score
I just put a 2" leveling kit on my 2014 raptor and lost about 1-2 mpg....does this sound right ?? Just because of the leveling kit ??