Diablosport tuning? Maybe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've known the guys at Diablosport for many years.

http://www.diablosport.com/
nd_01.jpg

We've worked together in the past, and I've always found them to be really competent guys. They flat know what they're doing.

With that in mind, I contacted Mike regarding our Raptors. I was interested in his thoughts regarding our "off road" mode and all its configurations. He came back and said that they didn't have any plan to 'go there' for the Raptor, but that he'd ask some questions and start poking around for us.

He then got back with me, saying they've now got a tuner looking into it. He also gave me a bit more detail:
Mike@Diablosport said:
Our tuner working on this project is excited about the possibility of being able to control the off road section of the calibration for sure. After looking into it some more yesterday, we have come to the conclusion that the 'off road calibration' is most likely similar to a tow/haul mode in many trucks....where it will hold gears a bit longer, add a bit of line pressure, and maybe even change the ETC calibration, but it does not appear to be a 'tune', where spark and fueling are changed. I'll keep you informed as I get more info.
I know we've speculated quite a bit about this, and I'm betting as they get more into it they're going to see its more complicated than this. But I'm really happy to see them taking the "what is this off road mode thing" track, first. Its an approach I haven't yet seen from their competitors.

Stay "tuned"... :)

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FMI does the raptor have a tow haul mode?
Sure does. Interestingly enough, Tow Haul mode is disabled (and unavailable) when Off Road mode is engaged. So I can see where Diablo is going with this line of thinking. But still, I'm betting there's more going on under those covers...

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well that's some good news. Glad someone is actually checking into the off-road mode dilemma.