Current PCM Calibration Level for 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weldoid

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know the correct (current) PCM Calibration Level for the 2019?

I had my Cam Phasers replaced yesterday and when I looked at the Service Order print-out this morning, there was no mention of PCM recalibration. Only "Misfire Monitor Relearn".

I pulled my current Calibration Level via Forscan this morning, and it read KL3A-12A650-ACD and in brackets it says: Latest Known: KL3A-12A650-ACF.

I'm wondering if I have the correct Calibration Level for the new Phasers or if the tech forgot to update?

Of course no one is available at the dealership to answer the question until Monday.

OP
OP
weldoid

weldoid

Reaction score
Did I break an etiquette rule?

Or maybe no one who has had 21B10 done on their 2019 has ever read the “Configuration” tab on the info screen when they plug in Forscan?:

IMG_0328.jpeg

Just trying to be sure if I need to go back to the dealer or not. Would hate to cause unnecessary wear on the new phasers! It’s quite a distance for me to visit the dealer at the moment; if I can avoid it, it’d help a lot.

Seems that it would need updating if there’s a later known version, but it’d be helpful to hear from others.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t have my truck in front of me, but the TSB does not instruct the dealer to do the software update. This is because the update was removed from the TSB when 21B10 was released. Owners had one full year to get the update completed for free. Since you’re far outside of that window, it is a customer pay update now. So if if it hasn’t been done you’ll want to bring it back to the dealer or find a shop with an IDS subscription that is willing to do the update.

OP
OP
weldoid

weldoid

Reaction score
Thank you sir, I appreciate it!

Was hoping that someone out there had happened to read the Calibration Level after the update, but it seems like going back to the dealer will be inevitable for me.

Hoping that the Misfire Monitor Relearn won’t be undone by the PCM update (if the PCM update proves to be necessary).

OP
OP
weldoid

weldoid

Reaction score
By now, I was hoping to post an update in order to add to our growing knowledge database here. But after waiting a week for the appointment to arrive, the dealer requires the vehicle to be left there “for at least a day” in order to plug in the VCM and check the thing with IDS. Just doesn’t interest me. Maybe it’s time to spend a couple grand on a VCM 3 and a short term IDS subscription whenever I need it. It would’ve nearly paid for itself by now (and will certainly in the future).
I’ve driven the truck a little and it does act a little differently than before which is a good sign: Oil pressure jumps up to ~30psi when oil temperature reaches ~176F. Don’t think it did that before on the original calibration. I’m sure I read about that on here as well. It also had a clunky up shift first thing in the morning when cold, and now that’s gone. And it high idles for a much shorter time after cold start.
So, it’s probably updated. But eventually, it’d be nice to verify the actual calibration level. Someone will benefit from being able to search it out here one day.
If anyone happens to see their calibration level next time they plug into Forscan, it’d be much appreciated if someone posts it.