Can the lights automatically come on with the wipers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here in the great state of California our elected braintrust has decided it ought to be law that our headlights are on any time our wipers are on. I was noticing today (confirmed by reading the manual) that our auto headlights will come on when needed, but our interior lights will come on much later (as it gets darker). The logic behind this makes sense; its harder to read your gauges during the day when the interior lights are on. On the other hand, it makes it hard to tell if the exterior lights are on since there's no internal indicator.

So I'm wondering if there might be a hidden option somewhere that forces the lights on when the wipers are turned on? I know this is possible in some manufacturers cars, but I'm not sure with ours.

Anyone know?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea but anything's possible especially when you're electrically inclined and you have a schematic :D :D :D . But what I do know is I absolutely don't like not the instrument panel lights not coming on in the daylight hours when the headlights are turned on. If I don't want the instrument panel (IP) lights on I can always turn them down using the dimmer wheel on the dash panel to the right of the headlight control.

I don't mind turning on my headlights manually. I do it all time when we're offroad and when we're on the windy - not windy, windy :D two lane roads like the one we drive to Borrego Springs and, of course, when it's raining because that's the law. But I prefer to have my IP lights come on WITH the headlights during daylight hours.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL well I'm hoping there's no schematic needed. In other vehicles, its a matter of setting an option via the programming interface in the truck. Hoping for something similar in the Raptor :)