Blackhawk X1's from TMX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got them installed after sitting in my truck for a week. These lights are AMAZING!!!!!! These are the spot pattern which will eventually go on the front and floods on the back. I used some make-shift brackets for now until TMX gets some of theirs in. After seeing these up close and in person, I doubt i'll ever buy another rigid industries light again. Equal quality for 1/2 the price.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1379209669272.jpg
    ResizedImage_1379209669272.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 113
OP
OP
Steve-O

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
haha it is. I got a few other thing I should probably do before buying more lights but lights are more fun!!!

OP
OP
Steve-O

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got everything hookup up the way I wanted it to. End result: X1's turn on with the flip of a switch AND also turn on when the truck is in reverse (yes, I am that lazy. I didnt feel like taking .2 sec to flip a switch when I put it in reverse). If anyone may be interested in doing this, or just wants to spend a day wiring their truck, heres how its done:

1) Buy Blackhawk X1's from TMX.
2) Buy a SPDT relay. (and of course wire, connectors, etc if you dont have it already)
3) The following connections will be made on the relay:
a. 30 goes to red wire on X1's (the black will just be grounded somewhere)
b. 85 goes to Aux switch of your choice
c. 86 goes to ground
d. 87 goes to a constant power source (I used fuse 26, Radio Frequency Module, 5A) using an add-a-fuse.
e. 87A goes to reverse light. I just tapped into the wire about an inch from the bulb although there may be an easier spot. That's just what came to my head first and I went with it.

I mounted the relay behind the glove box to one of the screws used to hold the airbag in place. There's 3 of them there. I also used another one of them for the ground on the relay.

I owe a BIG thanks to Noah (aka nosbusa, aka the car stereo company)! He walked me through step by step and pretty much told me exactly what to do and helped troubleshoot it when it didn't work.
And of course everyone at TMX for carrying such awesome lights at an even better price!

OP
OP
Steve-O

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know if they have any plans of doing a flush-mount kit? I'd be all over that.

I asked. They don't make any right now. Didn't hear of any plans but maybe TMX could fab up some faceplates (hint hint). They're not hard to replace.