Baja LP6 to Switchpros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtalabany

Reaction score
Just got my 4 Baja LP6s wired up to my switch-pros, but now the switch-pros is shutting them off giving me a circuit overload warning on the switch. But when I dim the LP6s from my switch to 50% they seem to work just fine. Anybody have any experience with this abd what is likely the main cause.

OP
OP
dtalabany

dtalabany

Reaction score
Hey I have them on 1 35AMP Switch. According to baja official specs the amp requirements should be more than enough. I did disconnect one light just to test it out and they work fine then.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Hey I have them on 1 35AMP Switch. According to baja official specs the amp requirements should be more than enough. I did disconnect one light just to test it out and they work fine then.

Run them in pairs to each switch. You are overloading the circuit. I have 4 LP9s on 2 different switches on my Switch-Pros.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The LP6 is 7.5 amps per light. So thats 30 Amps on that one circuit. I would split them up.

Edited: thanks @Nex

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FYI. Each LP6 is 7.5amps total

6.5amps for the main light
1 amp for the IPT lighting

So 4x LP6 would be 30 amps. You never want to run an exact fuse size for the total amperage

If your lights call for 30 amps, you need a 35-40 amp circuit.
If the lights were say 29 amps... you'd still want a 35-40 amp circuit.

You gotta account for HEAT. That will cause the fuse to blow sooner if you're right at the edge of it's rating OR equal to it.

If you want them all on one switch you can always install 2 relay harnesses. We sell the Baja harnesses where 1 pair of LP6 are controlled from 1 harness. Since these are powered relay harnesses, pulling power from the battery you could use ANY switch to trigger them, as you don't need ANY amperage really to trigger the relay. you could wire 10 of these harnesses for 20 lights to a single switch on the SwitchPros and be fine (again power comes from the harness).

Sounds like you came up with a solution BUT if you ever wanted to put all 4 back on 1 switch, get 2 of these harnesses and wire the trigger wires to the switchpros