Aftermarket Stereo System Advice - New Raptor Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alanenglish

Reaction score
Hi All - New Raptor owner here, purchased a 2017 Gen2 and just picked her up earlier today.. so this is my first post on the forum. I have been trying to do some research around the forum and elsewhere, as I am interesting in upgrading the factory sound system (which tbh seems pretty solid imo), which is the Sony system for me.

I have seen a lot of chatter about MTI Acoustics boxes / bundles, but unfortunately not all positive. Also saw some members mentioning the JL Stealthbox, which also seems like a good option. Either way, I will most likely go with JL subs and amp. Anyone with any knowledge of both boxes have any insight on fit? Is one better than the other in that department?

If I went with MTI i would probably snag the Stage 2 with (3) 10TW3's, the JL RD1500/1 and RBC-1. I also am curious on the best location to mount the amp - would prefer of course that it is completely hidden - but i also am not a fan of installers tearing up the truck just to mount an amp.

Lastly, it seems like I will definitely want the NAV TV ZEN A2B interface? Where does that sucker go btw?

Alan

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're not looking for ALOT of bass the Fox Acoustic enclosures are pretty solid for the price point. They are under the seat, didn't see if that was an issue for you or not. I ran the Fox with two 10's for years and loved it. Few 10" 500rms subs on a 1k/1250/1500 amp would be great. Down for Sound has great budget amps. I only run Sundown Audio subs and amps myself these days.