A little extra food for thought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure all of you have changed your batteries at one time or another, me too but now with all these electronics, I’m not real good with all this new technology and I just changed the battery in my wife’s car and thought maybe I’ll skim though my owners manual again and I found that some things when you disconnect the battery have to be reprogrammed so then I thought I’m screwed, but I talked to my son-law who worked at Toyota for a while about it and he said yeah some of the newer models do and what he did was made some jumpers so that there’s no lost connection so I made some and there under the back seat, in AZ you’re lucky to get 3 years out of a battery

Attachments

• IMG_6036.jpeg
    IMG_6036.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 14

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure all of you have changed your batteries at one time or another, me too but now with all these electronics, I’m not real good with all this new technology and I just changed the battery in my wife’s car and thought maybe I’ll skim though my owners manual again and I found that some things when you disconnect the battery have to be reprogrammed so then I thought I’m screwed, but I talked to my son-law who worked at Toyota for a while about it and he said yeah some of the newer models do and what he did was made some jumpers so that there’s no lost connection so I made some and there under the back seat, in AZ you’re lucky to get 3 years out of a battery
Its crazy how that had changed. I remember at least 5-6 years out of a battery. Price goes up and life expectancy down, but mining battery material is off the charts and "battery technology" is great