PC'd wheels & exhaust - painted emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ofcbarbrady

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Have you done this before on other vehicles?? Is high heat powder good to go since its "just the tip"
:hump:

Hahaha..........High heat powder is perfect for this (as you can see a lot of manufacturers are starting to do this). I've done the wheels on other cars but never the exhaust - I've have seen others with their exhaust done and it holds up perfectly.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good, I like the color a lot.

Question for you barbrady: on the exhaust tips did you go with ceramic coat or at least a high-heat powdercoat?

I'm about to ditch my Magnaflow setup and install SW long tube headers and SW lightning exhaust (they shipped yesterday!) and I want to coat the tips black too... My understanding is a regular powdercoat may not be able to handle the exhaust heat over time. Just figured I'd ask and see what you did before I go to the extra expense of sending mine to be ceramic coated. I'm not sure if its totally necessary or overkill as I've heard varied opinions.

SW ceramic coates it for you if you would ask they do the inside and outside of the headers. I'm pissed I din't just order myself the shop I orderd from didn't think it was importent to coat them becose of rocks chiping it off. they still sound awsome and doing good.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SW ceramic coates it for you if you would ask they do the inside and outside of the headers. I'm pissed I din't just order myself the shop I orderd from didn't think it was importent to coat them becose of rocks chiping it off. they still sound awsome and doing good.

I know but Paul says the shop they use for ceramic coating is a little backed up at the moment as SW is cranking out a lot of orders right now so being that I'm impatient I didn't wanna wait and chose to try and figure out something on my own.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not that nessasary. It would be nice is all. I think rocks would cip off the ceramic coating anyhow.

OP
OP
ofcbarbrady

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the pics aren't too bad given the ****** lack of sun..............

Attachments

• DSC_0952.jpg
    DSC_0952.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0955.jpg
    DSC_0955.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0957.jpg
    DSC_0957.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0954.jpg
    DSC_0954.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
OP
OP
ofcbarbrady

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. How was it removing/reinstalling the emblems?

Very easy for all except the F-150 badge (just yanked the shit outta that one).........took just a few minutes for each one using fishing line. Didn't even have to use any Goof-off.