Official Raptor R PPF Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No - installer makes cuts right at graphic application and its an invisible seem. The graphics are Matte so gloss film would mess up the look. Honestly I’ve never found I needed to PPF more the the first 3 inches of the hood given the height of the truck (it’s a lot different than a sports car (most rocks are not that high) but I did the whole hood so there would not be a visible seem to collect dirt. The only reason to do the whole truck IMO is if you wanted to go with a matte look/film

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No - installer makes cuts right at graphic application and its an invisible seem. The graphics are Matte so gloss film would mess up the look. Honestly I’ve never found I needed to PPF more the the first 3 inches of the hood given the height of the truck (it’s a lot different than a sports car (most rocks are not that high) but I did the whole hood so there would not be a visible seem to collect dirt. The only reason to do the whole truck IMO is if you wanted to go with a matte look/film
I completely agree. I figured I’d pull the graphics but ended up really liking them and want to keep them. Seems like most people just ppf over them but that kills the matte/gloss contrast the stock graphics have. I need to find someone that will go right up to them and do a good job. I’m contemplating only doing the partial hood because as you said, that’s all you need on these trucks.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the full ppf stealth I just installed. Can I use a car cover for when it’s parked outside for days on end in the country? I don’t like coming back to it full of pollen but I’m concerned that it may stick or peel because it’ll get hot under it. I got a good cover from coverland with the felt interior but wasn’t sure. Any thoughts on the matter? Thanks