FP Engine Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Do you guys see Ford Performance releasing an engine tune for Gen3’s? If I remember, they have them for other vehicles. It would be nice to get something, and have the factory/extended warranty’s remain in tact.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No. There was never one released for Jen Too either. Closest you could get is Roush, which has a warranty when installed by a certified dealer.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
they have their claims on their website. To the best of my knowledge, they’re the only tune available that provides -a- warranty, but the factory Ford Powertrain warranty goes away, powertrain is covered via Roush. it’s a little Klugey, but they do coordinate.

Ford Performance is not going to release a 3.5 tune.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
they have their claims on their website. To the best of my knowledge, they’re the only tune available that provides -a- warranty, but the factory Ford Powertrain warranty goes away, powertrain is covered via Roush. it’s a little Klugey, but they do coordinate.

Ford Performance is not going to release a 3.5 tune.
Any reason why you feel they won’t? Just curious. Take away market share from the R?

smurfslayer

Reaction score
No way. The Roush tune is conservative. Very conservative. Not in the same performance league as the 5.2. F/P has crunched the numbers and know how far the 3.5 can be pushed and under what conditions - see the Ford GT.

I’m sure there’s room to improve the #’s but it may need some additional hard parts to get the reliability needed to uphold the Raptor’s rep and off road cred.

We browbeat them for a couple years about offering a tune, it never materialized.

You have to push the 3.5TT pretty hard to get wheel numbers close to the R stock. The tune would likely lose the ability to run anything under 91 octane and the stock Raptor turbos will be well overspun at that level - really better off going to bigger turbos. Note, I said ‘close to’, getting the 3.5 to numbers equal to or better than the stock Predator, reliably, would be pricey. Can it be done? I’m sure the talent is out there but IMO it would probably be pushing the platform so hard that compromising reliability would be absolutely required. Then there’s the transmission, which is not rated to handle the kind of torque a tuned eco 3.5 can put out. Can it live with those power levels? sure, for a time depending on how hard you’re pushing and launching.

I’m not sure of the Roush tune specifics, I know a few FRF got it. Whipple was another conservative tune which had some concerns about flashing back to stock. The only tune I was aware of that kept the stock octane adjustability was Offroad Alliance’s ORA550. You give up the warranty on the powertrain with anything deviating from stock and the only one I know of with any kind of warranty is the Roush tune.

F/P would be able to sell the tune, were they to make it.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
No way. The Roush tune is conservative. Very conservative. Not in the same performance league as the 5.2. F/P has crunched the numbers and know how far the 3.5 can be pushed and under what conditions - see the Ford GT.

I’m sure there’s room to improve the #’s but it may need some additional hard parts to get the reliability needed to uphold the Raptor’s rep and off road cred.

We browbeat them for a couple years about offering a tune, it never materialized.

You have to push the 3.5TT pretty hard to get wheel numbers close to the R stock. The tune would likely lose the ability to run anything under 91 octane and the stock Raptor turbos will be well overspun at that level - really better off going to bigger turbos. Note, I said ‘close to’, getting the 3.5 to numbers equal to or better than the stock Predator, reliably, would be pricey. Can it be done? I’m sure the talent is out there but IMO it would probably be pushing the platform so hard that compromising reliability would be absolutely required. Then there’s the transmission, which is not rated to handle the kind of torque a tuned eco 3.5 can put out. Can it live with those power levels? sure, for a time depending on how hard you’re pushing and launching.

I’m not sure of the Roush tune specifics, I know a few FRF got it. Whipple was another conservative tune which had some concerns about flashing back to stock. The only tune I was aware of that kept the stock octane adjustability was Offroad Alliance’s ORA550. You give up the warranty on the powertrain with anything deviating from stock and the only one I know of with any kind of warranty is the Roush tune.

F/P would be able to sell the tune, were they to make it.
Thank you for the detailed response!