Baker Motorsports "Dovetail" Rear End and Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a real quick update. I finally decided on going with a receiver mounted plate. I think it fits like a glove (when turned upside down as shown in the pic)!

P1010134.jpg

P1010135.jpg

P1010136.jpg

P1010137.jpg

You can't tell in the pics, but the plate/mount doesn't come into contact with the bumper. There's about a hair's thickness of clearance when its as far back as it can go.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dig it J.

Are you gonna leave it be for a while, or are you moving into the Rear End Phase II idea you had?

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dig it J.

Are you gonna leave it be for a while, or are you moving into the Rear End Phase II idea you had?
I'm considering all my options. John hasn't really gotten back to me yet on what he's thinkin, so I'm sort of waiting on him for that. In the mean time I've contacted ADD about a custom bed rack. I'm not against the idea if its removable and if it accommodates all my needs. I'm waiting on their thoughts as well. I need to do something, I'm just not sure whats best yet.

By the way, I just had the bumper LineX'd (did the Hefty aluminum plates on the sliders at the same time too). Rust was already starting to take over the quick spray paint job John threw on there. What do ya think?

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, I just had the bumper LineX'd (did the Hefty aluminum plates on the sliders at the same time too). Rust was already starting to take over the quick spray paint job John threw on there. What do ya think?

]

I like!!! I did mine after ADD sent me a new top for it. I removed the old one and welded the new one on... I love it!!! Doing the front later this year... I got to say I was a little hesitant to do but now that its done and I see it in person its the only way to go for me!!!

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NO SPARE? An aftermarket bumper that costs $1300, prevents you from carrying a spare in the normal location, forces you to spend even more money to solve that artificial problem, and this is deemed "great," and "fantastic?"

What the hell? Is every mod necessarily a good mod? This is preposterous.:shocked:

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NO SPARE? An aftermarket bumper that costs $1300, prevents you from carrying a spare in the normal location, forces you to spend even more money to solve that artificial problem, and this is deemed "great," and "fantastic?"

What the hell? Is every mod necessarily a good mod? This is preposterous.:shocked:
Deep breaths Rug, deep breaths :)

I'm not happy about losing the spare. Not even a little bit.

But this mod is so worth it for me. No more draggin ass. I hate draggin ass. Losing the spare in exchange for 2x the departure angles is an easy trade to make, for those of us who need the clearance. So yeah, its both great and fantastic!! :ROFLJest:

As for the spare, there's an opportunity here to solve another long term problem I've had: what to do with my jerry cans? I HATE carrying them like I'm currently carrying them. Hitch carrier or bed rack... either way I'll be killing two birds, so again its not the end of the world this spare issue has forced my hand into some sort of solution.

I wouldn't call this a "problem". Its an opportunity :)

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You know, I saw a truck with the back end done like yours yesterday when I was down in huntington beach and I thought it looked really good. It may have been raptizzle's truck by the look of it. Not sure though.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Love it J!!!!! I remember when Tizzle was having is stuff done and posted his, that's when I knew I wanted to do something very similar. From the looks of it, it looks like they cut the lower half of the mounting brackets for the bumper? Not sure if you ever saw the one I did......http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/my-custom-minimalist-rear-bumper-5047/ I made mine to work with an unmodified frame but I do like the "modified" version like yours and Tizzle's better.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love it J!!!!! I remember when Tizzle was having is stuff done and posted his, that's when I knew I wanted to do something very similar. From the looks of it, it looks like they cut the lower half of the mounting brackets for the bumper? Not sure if you ever saw the one I did......http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/my-custom-minimalist-rear-bumper-5047/ I made mine to work with an unmodified frame but I do like the "modified" version like yours and Tizzle's better.
I do remember seeing that SOCO, but I don't think I realized it was yours (or I forgot lol) Nice!!

I can't say for 100% certainty, but I'm almost positive the "frame" wasn't modified in any way for this mod, but it looks like the OEM bumper mount was hacked. And clearly the hitch receiver is a total redo.

You got me curious so I dug around All Data DIY and found an exploded rear drawing of the 2010 Raptor:

reardrawing.jpg

I added ^^ that red line after looking at mine. If that drawing is right, that's where he cut. The frame is uncut, but the bumper mount had to have been chopped.

P1010186.jpg

If its cut, he did a reeaally good job 'cause it looks awful OEM down there.

Last edited: